sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I go bare feet outside all the time .I hate to wear shoes unless I have too .I don't mind 80's as long as I don't have to work in it and don't mind 80's if it is cloudy out side

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Goodness, I absolutely hate the cold or been cold. Lots of heat I just love it. The only time the humidity and heat got to me, was when a/c went in jeep, stuck in heavy traffic was no joy. Growing up my Mother was always trying to get my cardigans off in the Summer. When winter sets in I question why I live where it snows.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Cleaned out an old abandoned chicken coop, boy did it stink. Then a little painting, spent some time chatting with my nice neighbor over the fence, sometimes I wonder why we don't have a gate.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Tara reason I moved from NJ to VA to retire .Cheaper here and taxes cheaper and homes cheaper and so is land .The house I had built was 89 thousand for 2440 sq. ft on 3 acres .The other place near Bedford lake is almost 12 acres and was 27 thousand .I got my weeding done almost and started the work on the pond .One side is done now just have to do the other side but it looks like rain ,but it was nice and cool out .Need a coffee break BAD So fresh coffee almost ready

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pulled grass getting ready to seed, tall grass, pulled some weeds, pulled some bog plants, they were blocking some of the flow. While pulling a weed near the last loop pond, it let loose, I fell backwards into the pond. It is shallow, no damage, just wet. Everything is on growth hormones this year.

Now wet went wading in the first loop pond, deeper than I remember, around 3 feet. The deer had knocked a bunch of rocks into the bottom. They had eaten the lily leaves tore it up a bit, so pulled it out, poor thing was covered with large rocks that had been knocked in.

Arrow pointing to small lily left alone, circle around the munched down one. Can't see the rocks, covered with muck. you can see one of the big rocks, blue line , didn't know so many were in there until I was wading, felt them with my feet.
capture5.JPG

This is a slow flow pond that gets dirty water from the big pond. Meant to be a plant pond but now has fish.

Got piles of stuff everywhere I need to get the tractor out to haul back to the woods. Old muscles started hurting so took a break.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
swimming with the fish addy .I got pond leveled off and finally came in .It was sunny and hot but clouds are rolling in again .Nothing growing here but the weeds

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of the little shubbies is in the middle of the picture.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lucky you did not come up with fish stuck to you
I don't think there are any fish in the pond I fell into. At least have never seen one. It is the last pond on the loop. The fish would have had to wander over a edge trickle through the lotus tub to then waterfall into another pond via 1 inch tubes to make it there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You would be amazed at fish movement .I was out pulling weeds when my neighbor stopped and told me his new pondless water feature he built has a visitor .A small fish .The top of the pond less feature has 4 inch's of water for birds and deer .He showed me a pic and yep it is a fish .About an inch and half long .No other water near by either Not sure what kind of fish it is .Now they are thinking of putting in a small pond since this must be an omen

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
First time I have ever landed in the pond. Darn plant let go right when I was not expecting.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I haven't fallen in mine but my cat did and she had a nice swim to the edge and crawled out. Actually I think I accidentally nudged her.............yes it was an accident,lol!
Yeah yeah yeah..............

This is the first time for me, at least the water was warm! Worse part is you know you are going and nothing you can do about it.

Ask a Question