addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gosh @addy1 while you were at it I think you should have done a few laps in the big pond :smuggrin:
I almost did, those poor lilies need some fertilizer. The bog is keeping the pond too clean. But by the time I was done with the small pond it was late, I was hungry, dirty, tired, so quit for the day. I had three munched down lilies via the deer. I need to keep them all away from the edge of the pond. They yank them out of the pond and pots when doing the munching.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Good idea getting those lilies further away into the pond so those darn giant slugs can't eat them,lol! Wish I had the problem of too clean a pond. I'm still dragging the net around the bottom of mine stirring it up so the fines filter I made w/screen door material can snatch it up and then take it out and I hose it off and do it all over again. Never ends! A bog would be so nice!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was walking in the pond a week or so ago, the bottom felt like it had muck on it per my feet. So I reached down grabbed a hand full, it was all spilled kitty litter. Back to ignoring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
I would echo your comment on bog being to effective and hurting the lillies. I am beefing up feeding fish just to generate more waste. I had to cut off several yellowing lilly leaves and I cannot find fertilizer for them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have tabs, usually use osmocote when I groom them. This time I tried a new one, organic stuff, worthless as far as the lilies are concerned. I have not had the time to get into the pond and re-fertilize all the pots. They are blooming, growing just not as well as last year.
I don't have enough fish to make enough poo to support all of the plant growth. But I do have crystal clear water all of the time.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 I love that once you fell down you just continued to sit and weed!

Well on butt why not get the plants that are close..............wet and cooled off, why not get wetter...........The clothes did get stripped off down in the basement, left near the washer.

Shoes down there drying.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Went and installed honey's son's bathroom. I did the tile a bit ago, this was sink, toilet, light, mirror install.

Ask a Question