Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Painting is done for now, it's too humid for trim and deck paint. I'm headed for the woods later today.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hiding from the 111f heat index..................

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got all the plants watered and getting ready to head out for another few vacation days. Hopefully rain free this time. Hoping I will come home to some plants as we have a pair of fawns who have taken a liking to the yard, stock tanks full of lilies and butterfly flowers!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just came in says 97 on the thermometer outside but some weeding done and got the last of the edging I missed ,but it is way to hot and I am done.cooked fully

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Was in and out, little painting early in the am. Watered the plants and found my neighbor had dumped my rain barrel water. Had to think about replacing my jeep, it's old but I love it, the a/c compressor is done for and it's a $900 fix, needs more work on top of the compressor, decisions, decisions. Don't know why but I'm attached to my jeep. So I went for a walk in the woods to think about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
how far out beyond the rocks does your liner go
In the top it is tucked up against the rock. Down bottom it goes under and behind the rock. I didn't want the water to just run off the sides of the liner. The problem i run into is the splash factor it can splash high enough to stream over the top of the rock so i had to build it up higher.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know pond digger Eric has a great video on waterfalls and streams and why they may leak and how to build them properly .Tara that is sad why do people have to be stupid .I bought my new escape and I love plus the ford discount made it worth my money .I got 43 miles to the gallon going to NJ .I did put high test gas in it like the dealer said ,.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Back inside, was out picking blueberries before it's gets too hot. Have to do some weeding and more painting. I just hope the humidity drops soon as it makes painting difficult.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had thunder and lightening storm last night for 4 hours but not a drop of rain here .I came in early it is already to humid and hot and have to build a gift for a friend .So have to go get some stuff I need for it .She wants 1 of the baskets I build

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Same here with lightning and thunder but no rain. Hot, hot, hot and humid. I needed to pick blueberries before we leave but not happening. Got dehydrated last time and was layed up for 24 hours. Guessing between deer, birds and squirrels, there won't be any berries left by next week. Only harvested 12 pounds this year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we are getting a thunder storm again ,this time with a small shower .Mostly thunder and lightening .I am glad I got back before it started

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Even though there is a screen on top, mosquito dunk in also, he still thinks it draws mosquitos. The neighbor trespasses on a regular basis, and not just my garden.
You need a big fence less trained dog.................let it run lose.

Ask a Question