j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope that little kitty brought lots of love and joy into your lives! That is a heck of a long way to go :cat:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes she sure does, Sadie is now 5+ and a great cat, along with our other 3, all rescued. She was worth the long drive. She had thousands of fleas on her when we got her. Not a single one on her since then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I can’t lie, my favorites are the two black babies. They look like mini versions of my dads cat, Black with white ear hairs. Midnight has long fur, while these too look like they’ll have a shorter coat, I’ve got names picked out based on gender, which I’ll need to double check! Nyx ; the Greek goddess of darkness, and Nebula for female names, Grimm and Styx for males. Or nyx and Grimm if it’s a brother sister pair. They are just so friendly. Then there’s the little calico, I’m trying to find the right name for her. She’s mostly black, a streak of orange down one side of her face, almost brindled orange on her body. I’m off tomorrow so I’ll get better pics of them to share.

Attachments

• ABEF2F12-A484-4D31-A78F-73A745D3B7D0.jpeg
    ABEF2F12-A484-4D31-A78F-73A745D3B7D0.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 93

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I raised 2 cats from kittens and 1 lived 19 years and the other 17 years .Pussy Galore and Sylvester Purrbody and oh my did they cause havoc in the house .1 chihuahua 1 ferret and 2 cats running wild in the house .It sounded like thunder when they started chasing each other and playing .now just 3 chihuahuas and my last pitbull died 2 years ago .All where rescues .Even the ferret ,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m a sucker for any animal in need. But for a forever pet, I prefer cats, calm old dogs, and birds. I’ve never been interested in having any rodent or weasel except maybe a skunk, but I’ve read that pet skunks are very cat like. We’ve taken in all kinds of strays all my life. And hand fed wild skunks years ago, which led to a stray dog we took in getting us all sprayed.... lol. But I like low energy pets, that don’t require me going for a run. My exception would be another Great Dane.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
had a pet skunk when I was a child .My sisters great dane died last year .My sons friend worked for the animal shelter in Edison NJ so we ended up with a parrot and huge iguana and 3 baby squirrels that we raised and released and 2 baby deer that momma was killed in Raritan center industrial park .The iguana went to a zoo as they wanted one so we donated iggy

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m a sucker for any animal in need. But for a forever pet, I prefer cats, calm old dogs, and birds. I’ve never been interested in having any rodent or weasel except maybe a skunk, but I’ve read that pet skunks are very cat like. We’ve taken in all kinds of strays all my life. And hand fed wild skunks years ago, which led to a stray dog we took in getting us all sprayed.... lol. But I like low energy pets, that don’t require me going for a run. My exception would be another Great Dane.
Ferrets (domesticated “weasels”) are wonderful pets! They truly are a combination of a cat and a dog! They always leave you laughing! As caged pets they are easy to care for....but they REQUIRE attention and interaction from their people!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Princess used to escape from her cage at night and I would suddenly feel something on my head and there she was trying to hide things in my hair .She would get into everything and hide things .I think my ferret loved it because she had the cats and my chihuahua to play with .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hiding from the heat again. Heat index over 100 real 92

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
same here and nigh humidity .Just came in it was way to much heat and should not have been out in it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Went for my walk. I figured out I ride about 25 miles each day. Just love it! Also stopped and asked a lady if she wanted a big old white rock that has been sitting out by her gate. She said nope and if I want it to take it so I rode my bike home and got the hand truck and wheeled it home. Only a couple blocks away so not too far. I've had my eye on it for months! Then mowed the lawn and I turned into Pig Pen from the Charlie Brown cartoon show.

1c4b90578bed1a463d0a4776f024ed8d--peanuts-snoopy-just-be.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
67985B5E-9480-46A8-BDDD-C5EE0CC9291F.jpeg
I had a friend that had two, not my cup of tea. I tried getting better cat pics, nope, they move too much! This is as good as it gets. That’s Grimm, the friendlier of the twins.

Attachments

• 3B993D86-C8F8-4E6C-98AE-4DB2878BFF78.jpeg
    3B993D86-C8F8-4E6C-98AE-4DB2878BFF78.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 112

Ask a Question