Whatcha doing today?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It's finally cooled off enough to sit out on the deck. Didn't get the storms we were forecasted for but cool breeze and temps in low 70s!
20180817_233954.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
high 80's and flea market with my sister and then took he garbage to the dump and a win for me there .Guy was cleaning out a house and got 4 bags of 15,000 sq. ft bags of fertilizer and a red wagon and lots of other treasures for free

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@j.w apparently the prisoners of war had better privileges if they became somewhat of a servant. They catered to the higher ranks army officers etc who were in charge. This is a tiny Island, so the prisoners could walk around. One prisoner did manage to escape, by using heated coals, placing them on a granite window ledge repeatedly until it eventually cracked. However he was found. There is an old hospital there also, where people who had contagious diseases were kept.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@addy1 have you had any shark sightings out your way. Massachusetts is getting a lot of them this year, and a few people injured. Had planned to go to the beach today but weather was not great .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 have you had any shark sightings out your way. Massachusetts is getting a lot of them this year, and a few people injured. Had planned to go to the beach today but weather was not great .
Not that I am aware of. I love to swim in the ocean, but the water is cool. So I am shark safe. I am a wimp about cold water. Love cold air but want warm water. lol

We are hoping to make it to the beach right now rain moving though, it was supposed to be sunny today.............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They say stay indoors today as smoke is horrid so might be missing my bike ride and working outside. This is not fun!
This the worse it has looked here so far. How can it get worse? They say it will tho!

These were all taken through the window.

Can barely see the shop.

IMG_8698.JPG

Can't see the mountain behind us.
IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

Just looked out there now and looks like it is clearing some. It comes and goes a bit. By Thursday things should start to clear. Maybe if I wear a face mask out there I could go?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
jw have you thought about what this might do to your pond and your plants

Not much one can do tho so will just have to take whatever happens. All the poor critters running around out there too, pets also. My cat will be staying indoors! Fish are on their own. Sorry fish.

Ask a Question