Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
ok fellow ponders what the heck is this bug YIKES I hate bugs .It is almost 6 inch's long and was attached to my reusable filter pad in the crate filter in the waterfall .I know it looks like 1 of those thousand leg things but do they get that big .It is a monster from my nightmares I think it tried to escape but I put another tray on top with a rock holding it down .Monster is caged in View attachment 115076 View attachment 115077 View attachment 115078

It is a harmless millipede. Please don't kill it, just take it somewhere else. It was just looking for a moist/damp place to call home. It won't hurt you or your fish or plants. They can get up to 14" long.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
coming along nicely gemma I like the shape.
Are you planning to have return jets pushing the water toward your skimmer?

Don't know if you have already or if your planning to. but i'd recommend rounding over the top edges of the cinder blocks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Babysitting the g-daughter later today.................she's not a baby anymore tho, 5&1/2 and starting kindergarten this year!

Zoey soccer.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I remember when you posted she was born ,time flies I see a future soccer star in the making

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Heat index 102. Our AC went out (entire new HVAC system 2 or 3 summers ago). Repair guy came out and cleaned some contacts — not sure if it was ants again. We’ve had ants mess with the compressor 2 or 3 times in the past. Hubby handled all that.

Me? I drained enough water from the pond to be able to get in and clean up the 4-leaf clover, and trim and fertilize the water lilies. Ah, the water was nice! I kept getting a whiff of “suntan lotion” (several neighbors have pools — or else I was hallucinating, LOL), and it was easy to imagine I was laying on a beach somewhere! One time I almost asked Hubby to bring out my mask and snorkel! The fish seemed to enjoy my company as much as I did theirs. Once I reached in the water and inadvertently grabbed one of the larger GF. It startled me, and when I reacted, it caused the fish to react and I think we went through a couple cycles of who startled whom (or which).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
coming along nicely gemma I like the shape.
Are you planning to have return jets pushing the water toward your skimmer?

Don't know if you have already or if your planning to. but i'd recommend rounding over the top edges of the cinder blocks
Thank you!
The pond has that shape, cause we kept the width within 10' , so that it can be later covered with the same hard mesh we have on the other pond and is sold in sheets
We have no plans for jets, they're nice, but we don't think they'll be necessary in our setup.
Yes we are planing to grounding the sharp edges before laying the under laymen.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
was pulling weeds as usual .This heavy dew and no rain is still making everything grow .Painted some stuff and now waiting for it to dry so I can give it another coat

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Reviving now from g-daughter watching,lol! She is a go getter and always on the move. Hubby took her for a walk. We made a card for her parents anniversary, watched some My Little Pony crazy girl movie..............eee gads those are horrid, not like the cartoons we used to watch! Made her lunch, she doesn't like thick sandwich meat, or sharp cheese or lettuce, on and on so she ended up w/apple slices and peanut butter, nuts and pie and a ice cream sandwich. Was fun but always glad when they can go home w/the parents so we can let our minds rest,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mowed, played with the lilies, fed the fish, lucky fish......... Planned what all I am yanking cutting tilling purging, ow wait till cold and it all dies off!

Now hiding from the heat again.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish we had some heat here, it's only 62 but the rain did stop so I was able to get my ride in! Now what shall I do? Was supposed to go to a dog show but that didn't work out.

Ask a Question