Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not sure what has gotten into me this year, but I'm painting everything. Finished the back hall last week, so this week I unscrewed the kitchen cabinets, sanded primed and painted. Just have to do the surrounding wood trim in the kitchen. I saw them paint kitchen cabinets on this old house, and it stuck in my mind, so glad I saw that episode, as I love my fresh new looking cabinets. A project that was well worth the effort.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am a wood person and have a hard time painting pretty wood .But I do love the look of painted cabinets .Seems like 2 sides and I can't pick one .;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
tilling and killing today.

Takes time, I stop to save all the praying mantis, bugs that are getting out of my way. I leave the bucket low to warn them a tiller is coming. Then stop pick up and move the mantis. Nice big fat mama's

I seeded pounds of wildflower seeds last fall, all that grew are weeds. We were warm then cold, the seed sprouted then froze. This time tilling, going to kill anything that grows and seed in the spring.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't see you out there yet tilling and killing,lol! @addy1
Start out fresh next year. Nice you are saving the critters and watch out for that darn poison ivy!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
they had wildflower seed mats clearance out at tractor supply for 5 dollars
Thanks Sissy I will check our stores here.
I buy seed mixes that are for pollinators, bees and beneficial bugs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Just wish more people found the time to take an interest in preserving insects. We may not find all of them attractive, but they do offer some benefits, for the most part. Thank you Addy for taking the time to do so, even though it was probably time consuming. Today I went to a water park, had to be done before summer ends, I spent a lot of time in the lazy river.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Tara lazy river is the best part of a water park to me! Wonder if anyone has ever made one for their property and put fish in it. Would be fun!

Ask a Question