Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@j.w that would be brilliant, it would bring a whole new meaning to gardening. Imagine getting the post in an inflatable lazy tube, while feeding fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
for taking the time to do so, even though it was probably time consuming.
Anytime I am grooming cutting I watch for the mantis egg case. I have gotten where I can spot them pretty easy. I take the cut branch grass etc and tie it into another bush. Right side up of course.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am a wood person and have a hard time painting pretty wood .But I do love the look of painted cabinets .Seems like 2 sides and I can't pick one .;)
With todays selection of tools it's amazing the quality of work you can achieve once you know the tricks. Painting cabinets for instance prep work is half the game. but whether you have laminate cabinets to wood cabinets there's a paint for you. But the biggest trick today is little sausage rollers. there small as the name says they are the size of a polish sausage and come in extremely fine mat finishes. so much so that you would not e able to tell if I sprayed the cabinet or if it was FULLY rolled. even the detail with the sausage roller is possible as the end has a taper. TWO KEYS TO AMAZING WORRK IS YOUR SANDING AND THEN A TACK CLOTH to remove the dust. if a second coat is required a quick sand with some 220 grit before your final coat and when your done it will scream professional.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I built and remodeled both my sisters kitchens but they wanted wood look and the one wanted an open floor plan from her kitchen to her living room and she was lucky after looking in the attic it was not load baring wall .So down it came and in went an island .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Its true, prep is key. My cabinets on one side of the kitchen were white laminate. Were meant to be temporary and replaced at some point, so I painted them instead. Light sand, tack cloth, primed for the cabinet paint to adhere. One coat of paint, sanded and done a second coat. I spilled baking soda all over them and was able to wipe it off no issues. Here are some of the cabinets
20180825_120130~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20180825_120139~2.jpg
    20180825_120139~2.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 99
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Its true, prep is key. My cabinets on one side of the kitchen were white laminate. Were meant to be temporary and replaced at some point, so I painted them instead. Light sand, tack cloth, primed for the cabinet paint to adhere. One coat of paint, sanded and done a second coat. I spilled baking soda all over them and was able to wipe it off no issues. Here are some of the cabinetsView attachment 115225
Looks like you did a nice job tara

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did as many refacing of cabinets as I did complete kitchen remodels. And we always did the kitchens under negative air . meaning all dust was pulled outside as the kitchen would be sealed off from the house while we were working and trust me no one ever complained

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Only thing I see improvement on these days paints and finish's have a lot less or no volatile chemicals in them and less odor or no odor .Even floor finish's have improved .They are a lot easier to put on also and even the new sprayers are much better and cheaper

Ask a Question