Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I get it that most people like to eat meat, but I wish something could be done to give a better life (and more humane death) to animals destined to become food...out of appreciation we owe them at least that

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to distract the momma pig at my Uncle Ivans farm and steal a piglet to dress up and put in my doll carriage when I was little Momma pig would start making noises and I had no clue that they could know when a piglet was missing .Uncle Ivan would just laugh and say thank god she does not have a carriage big enough for a lamb or a calf .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Today I was a little melancholy, I noticed today the end of summer is near, and my kids are growing up. They want to be off with friends, and doing their own thing. Where the hell did the years go? It only seems like months ago I was kissing boo boos, and choosing their clothes. Where did the days of them begging to go to the beach, or the lake everyday go. My oldest and his friends are even taller then me, and they seem to eat food by the truck load. When did this happen? So today I was sorting, and sizing cloths, and checking whose foot has grown another abnormal amount, and needs sneakers replaced.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I get it that most people like to eat meat, but I wish something could be done to give a better life (and more humane death) to animals destined to become food...out of appreciation we owe them at least that
I second that @Gemma . Some animals live short, and cruel life.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Some group spent a ton of money and put up three biboards in a row on the highway promoting vehgan they show a baby chick and they say you hate violence so why not be nice to the chick and go vegan. it was by befairbevegan.com I'LL never give up my beef, chicken , pork and fish

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Built a hospital and quarantine tank tonight 4' x4' x 3'-6" and getting ready for a 6000 gallon water change in the morning hoping to flush out the duck pooooo hoping it's the food source for the hair algae.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Feeding the bees today. Rain and cooler coming! YEAH!

The heat and humidity has been a killer recently.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feel the same Tara as I now have 3 great grandchildren .Time flies and seems like they all grow so fast and leave and do not have time for us .I was always close to all my moms and dads and miss them dearly .We would be at one or the others house every weekend to help them .I mean both hubbies parents and mine .Our Christmas table cloth is a reminder of all the good times .We look at all the people who signed it every year ,ones here and ones gone

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had high hopes to finish digging the pond tonight but he storm that just went through left a mess!
smmad.gif

There is water everywhere and the ground is very slushy we can't continue digging, heck we can't even stand in it without sinking
smpissed.gif
I need the rain to stop!!
smcloud.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today I was a little melancholy, I noticed today the end of summer is near, and my kids are growing up. They want to be off with friends, and doing their own thing. Where the hell did the years go? It only seems like months ago I was kissing boo boos, and choosing their clothes. Where did the days of them begging to go to the beach, or the lake everyday go. My oldest and his friends are even taller then me, and they seem to eat food by the truck load. When did this happen? So today I was sorting, and sizing cloths, and checking whose foot has grown another abnormal amount, and needs sneakers replaced.
I often ask myself the same question when I look at my boys!... but unlike you I don't get sad, I actually like the thought of some alone time!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I enjoy my alone time too, I was just caught of guard. It seems the time flew by, and the baby stage has gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Had a massive issue. Someone: no one has claimed the blame: put the hose in the pond and turned it on and left it. 3 days+ based on the lilly growth, I was working hard and busy with cats and life, I hadn’t made it out there. So I lost a lot of fish. Yesterday the water was still green from algae, today it looks like tea. And I’m loosing kittens, I suspect feline leukemia from one of the toms that showed up. Loosing kittens is part of why I hadn’t made it out there. I just figured out today what was killing them. But I pulled my shubinkin and the best of my pond fish to my small pond thing, which has clear water, out of the sun. I’m wondering if something the farmers are putting on the fields is getting in my pond, and maybe contributing to my kittens deaths.

Ask a Question