Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
tilling and killing today.

Reminds of Seals & Crofts song, Hummingbird. “Alas, here comes the gardener— he’s come to till the flowers...”. I used to think it was “come to KILL the flowers,” and it completely contradicted the rest of the song.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well last day and last of family is leaving tomorrow ,some left yesterday and last night .My house was the last stop for family to eat and finally nice and peaceful .I will miss them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sure was , the last of them left this morning .My sister got the best pic of the whole family .I only got some of them .I wanted just a pic of the brothers and sisters and their children and grandchildren .Caleb was the youngest being my sisters sons baby and my hubby is the oldest of the family .The other pics included cousins and aunts and uncles ..Hard to get every one in 1 place but the drone did a great job of catching it all .We watched it Sunday on the big tv and was it funny at times .We all got a laugh

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 115423 Took the oldest back to college today and helped him move in. Hang out with a bunch of 19-20 year old guys for a few hours.

Found a tree stump at work on Friday, that looked to cool to leave. So it came home and went in the pond. Feel like @GBBUDD, had my men shaking there heads and laughing at me.
I love tree stumps and drift wood! I found this one in my wooded area few years ago and it's been sitting around since, waiting for me to decide what to do with it...I was going to put it in the pond but was afraid it would rot fast...then thought of turning it into a fairy house...it's still there on my bench
treestump.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Day 2 of reunion was yesterday and day 3 is today and final 1 .Glenn made breakfast for every one in my other sisters new kitchen.The youngest of the family is Caleb ,he is 3 months old View attachment 115448 View attachment 115449 View attachment 115444 View attachment 115446 View attachment 115447
I'm jealous of people like yourself who can enjoy family reunion!
Unfortunately I don't have the right family on either side, trying to put a group together would not end well:D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get together for thanksgiving and christmas also and have a signed tablecloth from the 70's that we had to retire because it was full and now this new one for the reunions .Hubby and I have been married for 45 years and we have been doing this since and even before that hubbies parents did it also .Mom and dad had 9 children but 3 are gone but not forgotten .Donna Marie died before her first birthday and was a sids death and Margie was murdered by her hubby in 84 and just lost Joey this summer

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hubby and I just got off the plane in Salt Lake City and checked into our room. Our flights were great! Here for Comic Con (Fan-X), and to visit our son (he moved out here last summer).

This Comic Con is going to be sooooo cool — can’t wait! Dick Van Dyke was supposed to be here and we had ressies for a photo op, but he canceled at the last minute. Brent Spiner and David Tennant are our other 2 photo ops, then any number of others that we don’t have to wait too long to see. The cosplay is going to be AWESOME!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
R.m.v today, it must be the season for the place been busy, kids all in school. I have a vintage record player I have to start restoration on, so that will begin this week. Just need to figure out the best approach with what to do with it. No family reunions at my place either, if I came home and saw all family members from both sides, I would keep driving. Small numbers is okay.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hubby making holes in the main floor back bedroom. Holes in the floor, holes in the wall, running pipes. My 20ish year old dryer finally died, the spindle worn out making one heck of a bunch of noise when running. The units were in the basement. Dear hubby said let's move them upstairs, as we age gracefully it will be a lot easier to do the laundry. Also will make more room for bee stuff, a big tub for washing honey buckets, etc.
So we are moving them up to the main floor.

Good job to do when the heat is still horrible! 92 with index bouncing in the 110 range.

I am making sauce with fresh picked roma tomatoes.................so good!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That was the best thing we ever did was to move the laundry upstairs. We never used the tiny half-bath in the bedroom. I did all the plumbing and wiring myself, what fun! It sure beats carrying baskets of laundry up and down the steps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Watching the weather, it's meant to rain, but so far it's holding off. I'm hoping it will rain soon, so I can watch my pond. Last time it rained my PH dropped so low it scared me. No matter what, I can't seem to steady PH with a heavy rain. I'm nervous now, as a lot of rain on the way.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That was the best thing we ever did was to move the laundry upstairs. We never used the tiny half-bath in the bedroom. I did all the plumbing and wiring myself, what fun! It sure beats carrying baskets of laundry up and down the steps.
Our "master" bath is the size of a small walk in closet, but it works for us.
The laundry is being moved into one of the spare bedroom, no plumbing, so had to put in lines from the basement, pull the power, make a hole for the dryer vent. It is almost right above the old laundry area, so a little easier with lines and power. Hubby has been doing it, drilling holes in the floor, walls, drywall lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Out riding my bicycle and scored! Found a perfectly good fishing net for my pond. Was tossed out on the side of the road. Had to ride home and rig a basket on the back of bike to haul it. My old one is starting to show signs of wear and tear especially when the snow sags it down and rips it. Now I have this one to use when I need it!

IMG_8701.JPG

Ask a Question