Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good to hear your toe is on the mend @j.w . For everyone who may be affected by Florence, hope you all stay safe.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been getting updates on storm and they say if it hits the winds will be down to around 100mph by the time it gets to my area .They keep saying storm winds will be 145 mph by the time it hits the U.S.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The last time we had a storm it was only 65 mph winds and some gusts were 75 mph and it ripped shingles off my roof and carport roof .I am hoping it just goes out to sea for every ones sake .But they are saying the waters are to warm to push it out to sea

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just got a call from NJ coroners office and they put my brothers death from undetermined to suspicious death and they wanted to know for sure who was in the apartment ,All there was his son and his wife and grandson .Joey told them they had to get out because he was tired of the fighting and they wanted money from him yet again .His son was fired from his 911 job (6 months ago )because he could not pass a drug test (3 tests he failed ) and were thrown out of their apartment because Joey would not pay their bills anymore .They had already over the last couple of years borrowed over 80 thousand from him .He told us he refused to pay them that saturday and he was dead monday .We had talked to Joey saturday ,Joey adored his grandson and they held that card to get money from him .So sad ,now what

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
joey had a physical 2 weeks before this and they had to get a court order for the medical records .Nothing wrong with him except minor high blood pressure and the doctor gave him a diet to go on to bring it back to normal and he was very careful about his health .They will not tell us anything else .The called the oldest of the kids first which is my hubby and called the rest after to tell us the findings to a point .No other info

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So sorry Sissy for all the family drama.
Tried to get the leaf netting on the ponds today. I got one pond covered and then tripped over something and went down hard. Managed to find a big rock - with my head! Laughing about it now as I am feeling like I know whats going on. Other pond will have to wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good grief @sissy that's awful news for you and your family to receive, I hope his grandson does not feel too much of a long lasting negative experience from this tragedy. I'm sure this must be a huge shock for the whole family, and hope you all find the support and strength needed to deal with this personal loss.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Moms visit is over and she has gone back to Maryland. Had a lot of organizing, and basic house chores to catch up on. With summer holidays over and the kids in school, it seems very quiet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have gone through this before and it has made us stronger and even more family oriented .Thank you all but we knew something was going to happen since we all knew about his doctor visit ,it just takes time .I don't think anything will come of it since there is no real proof what happened .WOW mrsclem you need to be real careful because a head injury can be a real problem .I thought years ago when a garage door spring broke and hit me in the head and thought it was not a problem until that night and double vision sent me to the ER and found I had a concussion .Not something to look at lightly .Please be very careful and if need be go to urgent care or ER

Ask a Question