j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Going to doc again today to see if I can get an MRI to see what is going on in my arm since therapy not working. Therapy on hold as they said it does not appear to be helping.
This is supposed to be rare but beware, it is happening I believe to me. I never get shots but when the doc kept telling my hubby and me that the Pnuemonia shot was the most important as we are getting older and that the Pnuemonia out there could kill us above all the other things like flu, shingles etc. we decided to get one and another one would be due in 6mos to a year.Why me the hater of all vaccinations? I just wanted to stay alive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm working till 6;00pm...that's pretty much the whole day, every day!
It gets dark so fast now, after work I go lock up my chickens, make dinner, clean up, take a shower...and then fall asleep during a movie I'm supposed to watch with hubby:ROFLMAO:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Just finish mixing, pouring and capping 24 dozen body washes and body lotions. Next, I'm off to Bethlehem to pick up some freight. Then, back here, unload the freight and get an order ready for a delivery tomorrow. Busy day.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
time to bring in my plants off the front porch .Take some of the hanging pots to the basement and some of my houseplants back into the house .I heard on the weather channel it may get to freezing friday night .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today I cleared the driveway because the stupid rental vehicle only came with all season tires and got stuck!:mad:

My wife hit a deer a couple of weeks ago with her Subaru so it's in the shop.
$11,000 worth of damage. Almost a write off.

View attachment 106075
Mitch that was some hit! Glad everyone is okay.
I played tennis tonight. Two days in a row now. Another one of my obsessions... I set up my new pond aerator this morning and am happy with it.
Oh and by the way two people killed in the last 30 days within a couple miles of our home by kids with guns. One was a 64 year old teacher going home from work at rush hour, and another over the weekend while someone was buying coffee at Starbucks..... and we live in a supposedly very safe neighborhood!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-rogers-park-slaying-20171016-story.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence-20171102-story.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Had our first hard frost last night. Gardening season is over... sigh.
It'll be back before you know it!
smawww.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Just trying to hang in there with recovery from the vein surgery. I developed a thrombosis in my left thigh, which has been uncomfortable :( It's not dangerous, but will take some time for the body to break it down. Now I've broken out with a most maddening itchy rash on both legs!!!!

On the plus side, I'm walking almost 5 miles a day, which is good for my circulation and keeps me from going crazy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no place is safe anymore .Here I have to worry about the hunters .We are supposed to be in the mid to high 50 degrees for the whole next week so hunters will be out even more .The law says they cannot fire off a gun within 300 feet of a house but that goes out the window when they want that deer or turkey .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Came in got to wet and cold and sit down and turn on the tv and moonshiners is on .I am still amazed at the southern moonshiners compare to my roots of northern PA moonshiners .My grandpa and Uncle Ivan were northern moonshiners and nothing better than sassafras and teaberry and mulberry moonshine and my grandpas special fall apple and pumpkin moonshine was the best .I learned a lot about it as a child helping to pick teaberry and peel off sassafras bark from the branch's .Funny never even new it was illegal back then .Teaberry you can use the leaves but the best was the berries ,but they were tiny and took a lot of work to get enough of them .Blackberry and raspberry was the best also

Ask a Question