Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had 10 windows done in under 6 hours!

Holy cow! We have (I think) 23 windows going in and they are telling us 5 full days of work. These are full replacements - they are tearing everything out down to the frames. The original windows started rotting out about 7 or 8 years ago - the house is only 27 years old - so we've already replaced four of them and the original installation proved to be shoddy as well. Poorly insulated and the waterproofing wasn't done correctly - so we knew the rest would require total replacement. Not what I had hoped to be spending money on, but it wasn't going to get any better by waiting.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today, walking the pup, pulling the pond pumps, closing down for the season. Time for a running water break! I could leave them for xx months more, dependent on the cold. But that huge bog water surface really cools down the pond water when we have cold nights.

Doing some close down work on the hives.

Getting a lot of boxes out to recycle curb pickup.

The rain hitting this afternoon, time for a break!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Make sure they put down sill sealer around all the window openings before they put the windows in

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Arm therapy day. Never wanted a vaccination for pneumonia but doc talked me into it in May. Shot was very, very painful and has been causing me grief since then. Doc says he thinks the shot went into my Bursa fluid area that protects your tendons. Been going to therapy for a couple months and no good and doing exercises at home too. They say I should go get an MRI of arm. Hoping for the best and I want my arm back! I looked online and there is a name for this problem called SIRVA. Not sure I ever want to get any vaccinations again!
At least it's a nice sunny day today but so cold at 29f right now.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get better JW They say to never let the person giving you a shot put it in the high upper arm. They also recommend that they be sitting and paying attention to what they are doing. I am sure going to pay attention from now on to where they shoot me up. We seldom get shots, no flu shots. Already had the two pneumonia shots so safe from them.

I sure hope you bet better!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WOW JW I know I never get those shots but sure hope they find out what is going on .I just take immune booster and extra vitamin C

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Make sure they put down sill sealer around all the window openings before they put the windows in

Funny story @sissy - we had THREE MEETINGS with the company that's doing the installation all the way back in June before we signed the contract to cover exactly that subject. They don't typically install a sill pan - my husband insisted. He does lots of research about how construction projects should best be done and all the new information says to install a sill pan and some kind of special tape all around the window (don't ask me - I am clueless!). Anyway - he got them to agree to do it the way he wanted it, got it in the contract... that was way back in July. Finally today is our day for installation and the installers show up and don't have any of the correct product. They run out to buy some tape - wrong stuff. Won't stick because it's too cold outside. GAHHHHH! So now we're pushed back again until they can find the right stuff. So happy I took down all the blinds and window coverings!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know there are different causes of pneumonia, but I don't understand how an injection could prevent any of them!
@j.w I hope you feel better!

https://www.webmd.com/lung/pneumococcal-vaccine-schedule#1
Although the pneumonia vaccine can’t prevent all cases, it can lower your chances of catching the disease. And if you’ve had the shot and you do get pneumonia anyway, you will probably have a much milder case.

People over age 65. As you age, your immune system doesn’t work as well as it once did. You’re more likely to have trouble fighting off a pneumonia infection. All adults over age 65 should get the vaccine.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
When I was driving a school bus I used to get the flu shot each winter, but I would feel really rotten (like a mini flu) the next day. Since I have retired, I have stopped getting a flu shot. Take look at this video.

Dr.Suzanne Humphries explains what that shot is really doing to your immune health after you get it and if you get it every year. What that shot could do down the road is surprising! (Pay attention to what she says around 2:25 into the video.)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was required to get the flu shot when I worked in the hospital.
Since I retired I have never allowed the doc to talk me into it. I can never remember getting the flu, do get a cold once every 3-5 years. The last bad cold was in Arizona, got some foreign bugs from a visitor.

Neither my hubby or I get sick very often. When we go out in public the rule is you don't touch your face and wash your hands as soon as you get home. Someone coughing, I stop breathing until I can get away. Staying healthy in the hospital environment brain training................

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have had the flu a couple of times in my life...in both instances, death was preferably!

We started taking probiotics a couple of years ago and since then neither of us have been sick, not even a cold. Don't know if there is a connection.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not even going to get into the "to vaccinate vs to not vaccinate" debate, it's just not for me!

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Every one seem to get really sick after the flu shot so I will stay with my immunity support .My sister has to get it because of working in the hospital and is 57 years old and had pneumonia 3 times last year and so did several of the nurses at sovah health .I have never even had a bad cold and I am 64 years old so I will stay with my way .I go in the stores I take a shopping cart from outside and always carry those wipes with me to wipe them off .

Ask a Question