sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well finally finished 2 of these 1 for each sister .I saw it somewhere and figured it out and built them There will be a wind chime hanging down in the middle from hooks .Sharon gets owl chime and jackie gets butterfly chime I have to give the sides another coat of paint ,but hope they like them
100_5325.JPG
100_5324.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I hate to vent but I will. Why do people sent their kids to school when sick. My son came home Monday, the girl sitting next to him was sick and was sent home from school early. Sorry but if a child is sick early morning in school, then they were obviously not well enough to go to school in the first place, then don't send them in. This happens every year, I feel bad for teachers as I'm sure it must create problems by spreading the sickness.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Took the cat to the vet, they have coccidia, a parasite common in dogs. I’m guessing that the heat wave we had allowed an explosion of it to get to the kittens and with compromised immune systems, it was too much. They’ve got tape and hook worms, as expected due to barn cat Mom. So I need to get some DE to dose all the pet food. And start getting a good deworming program going. Cost me 220 for meds, visit, and 5 of the 5 way vaccines.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hate to vent but I will. Why do people sent their kids to school when sick. My son came home Monday, the girl sitting next to him was sick and was sent home from school early. Sorry but if a child is sick early morning in school, then they were obviously not well enough to go to school in the first place, then don't send them in. This happens every year, I feel bad for teachers as I'm sure it must create problems by spreading the sickness.
I work with kids (infants and toddlers) and I can tell you that by the time the first child shows symptoms, the rest of the kids have been exposed already, and separating them at that point would not keep them from getting sick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm not on about the common cold, coughs and sniffles. We can't possibly keep kids home for every little thing. It's the big ones, like puking, really sore throat. Younger kids lack the judgment to keep a distance, wash their hands etc. I think for infants and toddlers, they will no doubt pick up whatever's around as they have not had the exposure to many viruses, illnesses that older siblings or kids have, so they lack the immunity of older kids. What bothers me, is sending in an almost nine year old into school, on a Monday morning puking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Well cold and drizzle today cut the grass yesterday for the last time. Drained the pond to catch those 50 feeder fish caught 40 plus. Saw lots of tiny babies hope they last the winter. Refilled pond and Divided the water lilly into 4 and brought 3 pieces into the new winter tank in living room and already see growth . Leaving one piece of lilly in pond to see if it survives. Today hope to put the two green house frames over the pond and prevent leaves and hopefully help any small fish over winter. Pond temp 48 and now need to get the cooler of gold fish rehomed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I mowed part yesterday but my mowing season can extend all the way into December and then start up in March .Weeds grow no matter what season .;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Was waiting for the wind to stop blowing so I could go riding. Wind quit some and now it looks like rain. Might have to just go for a wet walk for a trial test on my foot w/plantar ficiitis . Not too long tho as I tried this awhile ago and was gone for two hours and foot did not like it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Baking apple pies, fresh bread. Got a meat delivery that was packed with a slab of dry ice. We put the dry ice outside in water, good fun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, no I'm well ,I don't know why the last bit of the sentence went missing, I fixed it though. I never got such a huge lump of dry ice before, I got excited. It's all about the little things I guess.

Ask a Question