WHERE / HOW TO GET THE LITTLE TIME & TEMP THINGY

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I put it in, It doesn't show on my end what I copy and pasted. It shows the box with the red x with "posted image" out to the side.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Do not copy and paste. You must type it in symbol by symbol and letter by letter w/ no spaces at all.................do not copy and paste as for some reason it wouldn't work that way for me. Make sure your state letter abbreviations are in a capitol letters and the first letter of your city in a capital letter and you must use the brackets not parenthesis w/ the img dealies. If you have one letter or symbol wrong or you put a space in then you are toast. Just copy this exactly except for the state and city: weather banner.png

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JW, what are you calling brackets? [ ] are brackets. ( ) are parentheses. { } are braces. But sometimes they're collectively called "brackets." Then < > are angle brackets (though I call them less-than and greater-than).

Maybe part of the problem is that we're miscommunicating on terminology....

Hmm, wonder if I've been using the wrong slash symbol???? /// vs Just thought of that.

Gotta try for some big computer time today ;)

CURRENT SHREVEPORT, LA WEATHER:
89 degrees with 96 degree heat index.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
tm if you trust jw or me give us your password and will try it for you, in a pm of course............

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Do not copy and paste. You must type it in symbol by symbol and letter by letter w/ no spaces at all.................do not copy and paste as for some reason it wouldn't work that way for me. Make sure your state letter abbreviations are in a capitol letters and the first letter of your city in a capital letter and you must use the brackets not parenthesis w/ the img dealies. If you have one letter or symbol wrong or you put a space in then you are toast. Just copy this exactly except for the state and city: View attachment 45994
JW, I have cleared the signature all the way out and the typed in letter for letter. the only time I have copy and pasted was to place it in a post to see if someone could see the mistake. LOL, it showed up the same way as when I posted in the thread.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Grrrr! So frustrating! I tried on the big computer and made no more progress than I did with my "i" products! Tried many different ways of inputting the data, and even played with all the "extras" that are in the text options. Hope no one was reading a post by me at the time, as my signature was changing minute by minute :)! As a compromise, I ended up putting some photos in my signature. It's got to be some simple little something that I'm doing different from every one else, and have followed y'alls directions to the T.

~~~~
Hmm, just a thought, but what web browsers do you guys use? Could that be an issue?
~~~~

I'll take a pass on the password option for now, ladies, but thanks for the offer. Darn, but I'm gonna figure this thing out!! I'm beginning to agree with Larkin, that it's a Louisiana conspiracy -- Ah, at last, North & South Louisiana can be united about SOMEthing! :) [it's a "Louisiana" thing] ;)

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hammond.gif

http:// banners.wunderground.com/ weatherstickers/ miniDial/ language/ www/ US/ LA/ Hammond.gif[/ img]
On the second one I have intentionally put a blank behind each / so that someone may can spot something I'm doing wrong. I've tried several ti,es and no luck.
TM, It's a ponders thing. We unite on conspiracy, ponds, and boxies. Plus I'm not originally from here. I was actually raised north of I-20 so I can relate better than True coonass's. LOL

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
LOL, Larkin! Me, too -- Air Force Brat, but this has been home for most of my life.! I never knew there was a "distinction" until I went to college. Had friends from "BIG B.R.!" as they referred to it. They even went so far as to make fun of our LSU-S Campus, it wasn't THE LSU! Geesh!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
One thing I just noticed Larkin is that you put in weatherstickers instead of weathersticker
Don't know if you've been doing that every time you try or not tho. Other than that all looks fine except of course for the spaces but you did that intentionally this time and I understand that.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I use firefox as my browser TM. What you using? You on an apple computer? If so I have no idea if that could be the problem or not. I know you said no flash on your iPad so that's why there but if on a desktop,hmmmmmmmmmm, I'm puzzled cuz I can make the banner appear on mine using anyone's state and city. Does Apple use flash on their desktop computers? I would think they do but?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JW, was just throwing the "web browser" idea out there as a possibility -- grasping at straws. Hubby said that wouldn't matter, and if it was a browser issue, the problem would be a different one. Anyway, SAFARI is on the iPhone & iPad. We have WINDOWS on the big computer: I use AOL, and Hubby uses INTERNET EXPLORER. Oh, and Hubby says we have GOOGLE CHROME, but I wasn't aware of that....

I do appreciate all your [and everyone elses] help and patience so far -- mostly the "patience" part :)! Will keep hanging in there!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok and guess we tried all we know to help you. You will have to just play w/ it and see what you can come up with. Just bugs me why it won't work for you. It's a need to know kind of thing that gets in your brain and won't leave tell you have solved it or at least figured out for sure why you can't do it :banghead3: Where is Bill Gates or Steve Jobs when ya need them...............oops I guess we can't get Steve anymore :sad:

Ask a Question