WHERE / HOW TO GET THE LITTLE TIME & TEMP THINGY

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I put it in, It doesn't show on my end what I copy and pasted. It shows the box with the red x with "posted image" out to the side.

OK, Larkin, posting to an older note here, but back then you, too were having trouble with the weather stickers. Now I see that you have it up & running. What did you do to make it work?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
TM:

I have all sorts of issues whenever I want to play around with my sig, so in the end, I just PM Becky, who does it for me. Not even sure why I get an error message, but at least it gets done. You might want to PM her as well...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the Wunderground website isn't working at the moment so no-one's stickers are showing!

Mmathis - once the website is back up and running, let me know if you are still having problems adding the weather sticker to your signature.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't think you can get any stickers from their site anymore that will work on a forum sig.that I can find anyways You can get them for your desktop and for your own website but don't think they will work on this forum. I have tried everything and always have to use the old code. The one I have that everyone here is using is an old,old version code and I could not find it on their site anymore. I just happened to have the code for it saved on my computer and the only way I know to use it is to copy it all letter by letter (perfect) and just change your city, state and country to your own. It won't work on apple products as they don't use flash video. Think also you have to have a bigger town that picks up their weather signals and keep trying till you find one that picks it up cuz some very small towns don't. If you find out anything Becky I would be glad to know too cuz I tried till the cows came home to get theirs to work and the cows never showed up :razz:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks like the Wunderground website isn't working at the moment so no-one's stickers are showing!

Mmathis - once the website is back up and running, let me know if you are still having problems adding the weather sticker to your signature.

Thanks Becky! Actually have been trying for a while, since July. Have tried accessing various sites via the desk top, without success. Hubby even contacted Ian a while back, but he (Hubby) never followed up. I tried PM-ing you earlier today, but my "I" devices won't display a complete screen, so I have NO idea what I was typing....

Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I was having a heck of a time as well getting the temp indicator in my signature, but what I found worked was to:
1) open your profile/my settings where you have your signature window
2) open a separate browser window with the weather underground website
3) open the page with the classic stickers
4) click and drag one of the Gizmo Stickers into your signature window.

It worked for me...don't know why...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hmm, actually, scratch that.. the time's not updating....
I'll keep working on it.

ok, the time updates whenever I refresh the page, so it looks like that method is good to go! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Interesting Mitch on the click and drag method. Never tried that w/ their new stickers. Maybe that will work for TM. Yes the time thing only changes when you refresh the page. Notice yours does not have a zip code...........do you guys have zip codes up there?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We use postal codes up here. My postal code is T0M 2E0 for example.
Most US websites don't allow for postal codes, but the Weather Underground allows us to choose a city or town. The closest one I had to choose from is 50 Km (30 miles) north of my location, but, close enough.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well that is good to know. So you fill in your info and then just drag it to the siggy. Cool enough!

Ask a Question