BEST WAY(S) TO WASH PEA GRAVEL?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ouch! That would add up fast if you needed a bit.

The most expensive gravel I have purchased was $60 yard (which is about 1.5 tons), and that is the neat cinnamon we mixed into the bog

We get free mulch (aka left over from client installs), but I want to put the cinnamon colored gravel in my planting beds that are next to the pond, since it is almost the same color. No issues with the mulch washing, but I have to replace the mulch each year to keep the color fresh, and one bed in particular is a nightmare to get to (have to walk on the rocks between 2 liners/ponds with 5 gallon buckets). Gravel would look fresh all the time:)
i paid any where from 60 to 140 a yard depending on the size and all was river rock all black being one of the most expensive

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My experience with pea gravel is - the more you wash, the more dust there is.
We washed tow wheel barrels full then quit, just loaded up the bog with the 38000 lbs of gravel dirt dust and all. It all settled out, part of the bog eco system.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's only one way to wash gravel and that is on a screen that is slightly smaller than your gravel . dump a thin layer over the screen and start washing as you move the gravel around . this is quick but it only does a small amount at a time

Ask a Question