Darksaber Pond - My Next Adventure

20' by 30' pond w/ 30' stream and 10' by 20' wetland
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword

Two weeks would be delightful this has been going on since mid-April.

Music loud enough to drown them out would probably make the neighbors upset, actually already worried about when one of them is going to complain about the frogs.

There are toads and frogs and the sounds range from screeching to barking. I wonder if issues is that the timeframe of the different species all are different.
well, since toads and frogs are on different schedules, I meant 2 weeks per species. If you have a varied lot there, it WILL take some time! Oh, and did I mention the racing goes spring through fall? I'll still trade ya!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Things are coming along nicely and planting along the way
understaement looks magical at the night time , the wife is going to love you now im thinking she's right we need some landscape lights around the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Paint the play scape hunter or pine green give it a chance to blend in and hide. i have to agree it hurts the eys its looking really nice you have to be pleased

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Paint the play scape hunter or pine green give it a chance to blend in and hide. i have to agree it hurts the eys its looking really nice you have to be pleased
or even camouflage with various stripes of green, brown, black, red. Did that to my outdoor speakers and it worked great. DO use black as it really helps make the item painted disappear.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well, since toads and frogs are on different schedules, I meant 2 weeks per species. If you have a varied lot there, it WILL take some time! Oh, and did I mention the racing goes spring through fall? I'll still trade ya!
I usually get the spring peepers first for a few weeks, then the toads for maybe a weekish then the green frogs. I love the noise. We don't have anything noise wise, traffic etc that bothers us out here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
All the babies have started coming out of the pond so that's been interesting to watch.

I built a fish cave with 14" pipe and covered it with rock.

Had some issues with the smart plugs but they sent me new ones and I'm hoping that sources the issue.

Otherwise just letting things mature.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok ill bite... whats a smart plug ...... and wheres the pictures

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ah for some reason was stuck on a different kind of plug

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey @milonedp: How was the new pond this summer? How did the landscaping and lighting go? Want to share some updated pics with us?
I get the image of Momma addy standing on shore, some of her kids holding her hand to either side and others bumping up behind, sad little faces with tears forming. She's looking across the vast distance to a mythical place called 'Colorado', the feeling of abandonment severe, while a bunch of bees try to nest in her hat!

The camera pans the mute little faces until it stops at lil Lisa and CW as the former details the whole negative edge idea to the latter who is drawing pictures with a stick in the sand, the words 'must research this' coming over and over... In his other hand, he's holding what looks like a Barney doll, dangling and depressed because it knows there's still so much to do...

Behind, burly and feeling his oats, a larger kid is leaning on CW's shoulders, mumbling something about hogs and bogs too. He keeps scaring the newbies with words like 'Up Shit*s Creek, 'down Deadman's gulch', and 'last chance Harvey'; it scares them because they don't know any 'Harvey'. It'll be magnified by their equally scared looks while spellcheck tries to decipher what he's sayin'!

Then there's the lil girl playing with a bunch of tortoises; she's asking for pics but all the new kids in the back have glazed looks.

Another girl munchkin is listening to the Pennsylvania kid say he's not only the prez, but is a customer too, but she's calling him nuts and though she WISHES she had a bog, insists there's absolutely no room in her 'always-wetland' home. He'll smirk and know better! Of course, she'll point out that he's smitten with DOTs, the new girl to the group.

An animated group of girls are commenting on lotus and snails with one explaining how lil snails are made while another thinks Cha Cha is a keeper! Both think the boys arguing next to them are silly.

A wee lad with saltwater stains on his trousers, is trying to convince the Mom-of-all-turtles that there's OTHER kinds that might appeal to a girl--and they gots DIAMONDS in 'em!! He'll speak in jibberish, though, using all sorts of letters instead of words, insisting it wasn't his fault, that some broken lick of a saber caused the disease to not only spread, but THRIVE!

And of course, the tussle-haired boy hovering annoyingly close is hearing such slander but ignoring it because he KNOWS some of those that wander are NOT lost...

The group turns as one when he burps out 'sheesh!', noting how full of BS he is; the boy's eyes open wide and he politely inquires 'moi? Well, DAYUM!'

The laughter that follows isn't something that can be conveyed accurately enough!!!

Still, the murmur of echoes pervade, a steady chant from @reefsr whose whisper won't stop coming 'our Michigan army grows...'

(somewhere across the Pond, the ivy-encrusted walls of Castle Ian, shiver...)

the bells toll for thee, @addy1 , @combatwombat , @Lisak1 , @GBBUDD , @Mmathis , @poconojoe , @Tula , @mrsclem , @Jhn , @j.w and @Ian !!

Last edited:

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
nuh nah; I already got white walls, CW; now, if they'd only upgrade the mini-bar a bit...

Ironical, isn't it? A broken sword calling out a dark saber...heh heh
But are they padded and involve you in a straight jacket.

Hey Haven‘t you learned I don’t let my jibberish or the truth ( you forgot I like to answer in tiny words that require you oldies to pull out your reading glasses) get in the way of a story Or response.

Ask a Question