Darksaber Pond - My Next Adventure

20' by 30' pond w/ 30' stream and 10' by 20' wetland
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
But are they padded and involve you in a straight jacket.

Hey Haven‘t you learned I don’t let my jibberish or the truth ( you forgot I like to answer in tiny words that require you oldies to pull out your reading glasses) get in the way of a story Or response.
padded? What's that? Well, jhn, hard to see much behind the chicken wire, you know? Pads would be nice...now, can you do anything about that mini-bar thing?

And sorry no, they don't give me no jackets; just flannel pjs and fuzzy slippers that sorta look like fish (I asked for kitties but you know, the help here got a bit koi about the matter!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Way to deliver! Looking great. And that umbrella is awesome.

2 questions:

1. Any new pond syndrome to deal with?
2. Any issues stirring up sediment when swimming?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks great. I'm sure you have spent many many an hour there

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If i rebuild i hope to use that weathered lime stone it has sooooooooooooooooooooooo much character Love that stuff stuff great choice spending the money on that one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
Way to deliver! Looking great. And that umbrella is awesome.

2 questions:

1. Any new pond syndrome to deal with?
2. Any issues stirring up sediment when swimming?
No, I haven't had any issues with new pond syndrome, I think there are just two few fish for it to have made a difference in the 13,000 gallons.
Sediment hasn't really been an issue, remember though I spent 4 weekends (3 full washdowns) trying to get as much silt and mud out as I could. It stirs up a little when they go swimming but only enough for me to notice, others don't seem to be able to really tell that you can see more suspended particles. They settle back down in a few hours or less.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While text input is great we want photos........................... Don't make me have to come down there to have to get some quality photos . and a underwater video and a video period walk around the pond watching the pond come to life it very cool looking back year to year

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
While text input is great we want photos........................... Don't make me have to come down there to have to get some quality photos . and a underwater video and a video period walk around the pond watching the pond come to life it very cool looking back year to year
You're welcome anytime!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would love to but your not exactly around the corner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The night has to be one of your favorite times as i know you were counting down the days for the playset to disappear . This is very impressive makes me want to rip mine apart and start over just to be able to build another. You have to be pleased with the whole process

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
The night has to be one of your favorite times as i know you were counting down the days for the playset to disappear . This is very impressive makes me want to rip mine apart and start over just to be able to build another. You have to be pleased with the whole process
Love it! Now that the weather is starting to cool off we are out there even more. Only downside is when the sun is low in the sky it come right into the covered deck and bounces off the windows and gets you from behind. Small price to pay though.

Ask a Question