addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I feed them kenzen, I have to crush the pellets I have, they are a little big for these lil guys. The food I bought is koi size. They now have goldfish size pellets.

This is one vendor
Will Schultze
(931) 338-6174
[email protected]

Reaction score
Thanks Addy, I did a quick search and did find the ingredient list. I may very well order some for the outside fish when we get to that point again. I do have to say I am really getting tired of grinding food. I hate feeding flakes, so grabbed Tetra Granules for the tiny guys ($21 for a 10 oz can), and those have worked out well, and thankfully, of the 11 shub babies in the 30 gallon tank, I only have a few who cant take these yet. I really need a food sized in between these granules, and the normal sized pellets for the older babies. I was just looking at the Dainichi product line when I caught you talking about a premium food. Good quality is important for all fish, but thinking with having so many inside, it would be worth the slight increase in price. Any way I look at it, I need to buy more "baby food" NOW... Hubby said he wanted to build another large holding area in the basement, so my plan to buy a few more babies (for variety), became a lot of babies due to group deals on ebay... They came yesterday, so will need more food soooonnn....

Reaction score
I have a super hi-tech food processor now... very user friendly, low maintanence, and even energy efficent too... LOL.

Attachments

• DSCN5373.JPG
    DSCN5373.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 151

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao..........looks like mine. I munch the pellets up just a lil. Leave a bunch whole, they get soft with water and the fish nibble on them. The pond fish get
them whole.

Attachments

• DSC04757.JPG
    DSC04757.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 165
Reaction score
OMG I am laughing so hard... glad to see I am not the only nut using one of those LOL. This may almost sound mean, but in the 55 gallon, I have three koi (3") who are almost big enough for the Tetra sticks... I throw a few of those in, and the big guys swim with this big cigar hanging out of their mouths, and then I toss in some of the Tetra Granules for the smaller fish... The bigger fish were getting FAT on the small food, but they arent quite big enough to go down stairs yet, where it is "the big kid feeding zone only" (grind free zone LOL)... I am dying to go down stairs to feed the kids that came yesterday, but going to wait a couple of days (they got cold in shipping). Every time I walk near them, I have all these little faces racing over with that awful "feed me" look LOL.

Ask a Question