• No

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • No, but looking to install one

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Whats a garden pond?

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

Reaction score
I already have a pond that I dug myself. It has water lillies, floating 'lettuce,' iris on the edge, koi and frogs. I also constructed a little waterfall feature on the end.

Reaction score
I have a small pond that my husband put in for me. It came as a $50.00 kit from Walmart. I added a filter and a water fall, and now I've got a great place to unwind after work.

Reaction score
Wow, you have a pond that you paid $50 for except for the filter and waterfall? That sounds like an amazing deal. Was it hard to find a pump to fit your pond?

Reaction score
Yup 50 bucks, and my husband provided all the labor. :) I did pay over a hundred for the filter and about 50 for the pump, I got both of those on-line.

Reaction score
50 sounds like the best bargain ever garden-pond wise. Do you ahve any pictures?

Reaction score
Here's one of my favorite's. It's from last year hench the water lettuce. Note the small frog.

Reaction score
Water lettuce is a great floating plant, that really helps to keep the water clean. Unfortunately it became illegal this year to have it in CT.

Reaction score
I've had one I built myself about 12 years ago. Initially it was just to block the view of ugly pool motor & filter from my terrace but then I got into it. I doubt I've spent over $200. in all those years for everything. I overwinter a lot of plants, goldfish stay in year 'round, original Beckett filter/pump is still going strong. The biggest saving came from a friend who built a huge pond & had liner left over that I used. I added a small lotus bog next to it & a tiny, above-ground pond in a flower bed too. I love my ponds.

Reaction score
Technically I have three: small, smaller & smallest. Small is 2' deep & around 3' in circumference with a 2 foot waterfall & 2 goldfish. Smaller is 18" deep & 3' x 2' w/ gambusia. Smallest is 18" deep & 18" x 12" - also w/ gambusia.

Reaction score
:banana:Yes three one is 10 -7ft- 5ft depth 6-6ft - 4ft depth 6-6ft 3ft depth. all ponds have water falls one two and three are all linked Three pumps then the water can be pumped to the.top All this is going though five green to clean filters 24000 size with 25w uv lights.I have koi carp long fin butter fly and standard gold fish. All are different sizes they all seem to have there own characteristics and i have a smile at the Young butter fly
:

Reaction score
My husband and I built one last August and found that it is the only place we like to hang out. I got a hammock for Mothers Day and it is hung between the trees behind the top waterfall. The pond is ~ 1000 gallons and we bought a 20 x 15 liner and had to purchase more for the top waterfall and stream. It has water lilies, taro, hyacinth, pickerel rush, iris, hornwort, lotus will be coming soon. There are also three koi and 8 shubunkin goldfish. Here is the website. Roberts' Pond

Reaction score
I have ponds made of baby pools at the moment. They only have plants right now but when it is warmer there are guppies in their too.

Ask a Question