j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My 2 frogs left to live in the bath tub pond. They posed for me nicely today.

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6043.JPG

SE18

David V
Reaction score
j.w., I've got one of those in my canal but he's elusive so the only way to photo will be to haul out a zoom lens

btw, Had to clean the wood deck this weekend, the deck cleaner used on the deck and siding had the unfortunate noxious chemicals to oust this poor toad, who then got hounded.

Then, I had to screw in loose boards on the outside of the deck, which stands 9 feet over the aqueduct and this poor tree frog who was living in the crawl space of a loose board, almost got nailed to the deck, had I not noticed it between the loose board before screwing it down

So please be careful when maintaining wood decks as tree froggies like to call them their tree house

Attachments

• IMG-20140629-00283.jpg
    IMG-20140629-00283.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG-20140628-00278.jpg
    IMG-20140628-00278.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 197
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
YEY!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

The frog has finally found me!!!!!!!

I was so dancing when this morning I found this little gal in a 5 gallon bucket, probably couldn't come out. So after taking picture I put her in my bog :) hope she stays! I think it's a she has the ear drum is small. She's still very young. I think she's a green frog ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looks like a young one, too! Might have found its new home.
I read read read about green frog and they said that green frog normally finish their metamorphosis in June/July and they normally travel away from their pond to find a new home then. My old frog came about this time of year too (but she was all grown up by the time she came). I'm hoping more will come, but one is already great.. hope she sticks around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@SE18 If I move real slow I can get there pix but any fast movements and plop they go. Glad you saved the poor little tree frog :)

@JBtheExplorer Yippee you have FROG and it's green alright :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've been thinking about my frog all day :(

When I get home I'll see if I can feed her the meal worm by hand :X3:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My husband thought I was crazy when I went to the backyard at night with a flash light to see if there's any frog lol

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My husband thought I was crazy when I went to the backyard at night with a flash light to see if there's any frog lol

lol. I do the same thing! I go out every night hoping to see one show up. Been seeing a lot of toads. Last night I accidentally scared three out from underneath my log in the bog. Had no idea they've been using that to hide.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
A couple of days ago I was cleaning off the pumps in the pond, and decided to raise my spitter a little higher by placing another piece of flagstone under it. (It sits on a pedestal affair a couple of feet in from the edge). As I reached over to lift the spitter, I noticed a small green frog sitting on the base, eyeing me suspiciously. When I tilted the statue, he suddenly propelled himself into the air, directly into the pocket of my T-shirt! Unfortunately, the pocket was alredy occupied by my insulin pump, and he decided that he preferred the water. Almost caused me to fall head-first into the pond, though!! :eek: Sorry, no pictures.
John

Ask a Question