Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking great your water is so clear any tips?
All I can say is what I have observed. Both bogs empty out into the stream. The bog that is constructed with 2" pvc slotted pipe and a foot plus of 3/8"stone I can see some algae growing on the side walls as it enters the stream . The other bog with 6 feet of stone and settling chamber there is no sign of algae growing along the side wall which is similar to the other bog. Both bogs where the water flows as it exits the bog where the water speeds up there's thousands of little creatures affixed to the rock in the current. i can work on the pond and cloud up the water to the point i can't see 6" into the water and come morning it will be crystal clear again. when the lights come on there is a light haze that's visible so I'm looking forward to seeing it once the bog is established.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD I love seeing that little duck thrive in your pond! He's growing up fast!
Growing too fast he fit in the palm of my hand three weeks ago today i noticed feathers starting on his wing tips and tail feather.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy we are going down under! @GBBUDD it sure is clear down there. Lol, duck feet! Do you have your camera hooked up to your tv so you can watch them anytime you like? @addy1 used to have hers hooked up to her tv and I bet that would be so cool to sit and watch to relax to inside even in the winter!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh boy we are going down under! @GBBUDD it sure is clear down there. Lol, duck feet! Do you have your camera hooked up to your tv so you can watch them anytime you like? @addy1 used to have hers hooked up to her tv and I bet that would be so cool to sit and watch to relax to inside even in the winter!
Both the wife and I love the new pond we are always sitting out back. How ever I doubt I will go that far, I suppose if I start having issues with the winter I may go there but for now by the time I do head in it's time to chill catch the ahummm so called news today and call it a night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your water is rediculously clear, I love it. I have to figure out how to get my water that clear i am adding a second bog this weekend. Fantastic work keep pushing the bar! Not having the bottom drain functioning yet likely is also a contributing factor.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 had hers set up once so we could all view her underwater fish all the time @GBBUDD Was very cool!
I just need the time, found the power supply, now need to walk down to the pond and set it up. Seems like something always stops me.................Then will have it on line again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just need the time, found the power supply, now need to walk down to the pond and set it up. Seems like something always stops me.................Then will have it on line again.
I just bought a go pro I don't think that can be hooked up as such. What is it that you have addy that your talking about I know your pond Is a good distance from the house is it blue tooth ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It started off a sad day . The duckling has started biting at the koi. about a week ago he stopped running away from the fish and not the worm had turned and he was chasing the fish literally diving underwater and nipping at the fish. Well since he was so confident I decided it was time he was on his own and brought him out to the pond across the street and let him go with the other ducks as he has grown quickly and should be ok. Well the little quacker just showed up in the pond the wife and I were sitting there talking about if we'd ever see him again and the little ------ dropped right in the pond. NOW WHAT.
We took a ride to Kadama Koi today as well. Danger walked out dropping a few coin. But damn if they didn't have some utterly stunning KOI

Ask a Question