Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hows the second bog coming along ?
Hahaha, thank you for asking and funny you should mention that. It was great till I realized I forgot to glue the inlet pipe. So now I have to tear it all out. But that's a next weekend project for now the plants are happy and the fish seem to be okay till then.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If the pipe is buried under a foot of stone I doubt it will move

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh it moved. I pulled it out on accident it was the pipe that goes to the pipe that buried.

:cry:

The worst. We redid some underground plumbing from the sump pump to the pond. I was hoping I only needed to go 2/3 of the way - nope. The problem is in the hardest spot to dig, of course. Leaving that for the pros. That's what money is for, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
:cry:

The worst. We redid some underground plumbing from the sump pump to the pond. I was hoping I only needed to go 2/3 of the way - nope. The problem is in the hardest spot to dig, of course. Leaving that for the pros. That's what money is for, right?
That would not be fun fortunately for me mine is just under gravel and plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
GBBudd, you posted on my thread about my own pond project, about a 1/8" thick sheet product that you have used to protect the liner from rodents. Made of fiberglass and asphalt, I believe. Please, I really need to know anything you can tell me about it. I will be working like crazy for the next couple of days, trying to get my pond overhaul completed before I must leave town for a few days.

You built a FABULOUS pond project, by the way!:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GBBudd, you posted on my thread about my own pond project, about a 1/8" thick sheet product that you have used to protect the liner from rodents. Made of fiberglass and asphalt, I believe. Please, I really need to know anything you can tell me about it. I will be working like crazy for the next couple of days, trying to get my pond overhaul completed before I must leave town for a few days.

fing

It's simply protection board . I believe from wr meadows . I found it at abc Roofing supply in west haven ct

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
pano pond2 7-24-18 (1 of 1).JPG
Robamy posted a stunning hummingbird shot today. It made me break out the camera even with overcast skies and see what I could get. It is at minimum documenting conditions of the new pond as it matures

Ask a Question