Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yup with the d5 about 2000 rounds a sb910 and a whimberly, The new neighbors being the frogs, toads, dragon flies, humming birds, cardinals, gold finch etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NEIGHBORS-1.JPG
Coming to Dinner-1.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, look! It's the neighbors! :ROFLMAO:
I looked at these on the wifes I pad and they are very dark compared to my screen . I can barely see the face on either the moth or the humming.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here's something I found today that I wasn't expecting. I have been battling some hair algae and I went over to the snorkel to the main bog and opened the cover to see if there was any silt in the bottom of the snorkel, and what did I find? A dozen baby koi swimming around. Now there is no way the koi could have swam in there on there own from the pond. not even the upper pond as there is a foot tall water fall with about 2 feet of stone before they could get into any part of a swimmable area in the bog. they had to get sucked up by the pump. made it past the basket strainer " no surprise there" it is very course. but then survived getting past the impeller to the pump and got pumped down into the bog under 6 feet of stone and a 2 foot wide centipede tube 16 feet long with a 6 foot tall snorkel tube. The koi that were in there were of the same sizes of babies I have in the pond. from 3" down to about a 1/2" HOLLY COW.. am I going to open this cover one day and find 12" koi? WTH...........

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love photography and this is likely one of the best pics I have seen.hope your larger fish makes it. Sounds like you caught it in time before any infection set in.
Thanks Telion

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Fish fry show up in all kinds of weird places @GBBUDD . It could also be that the eggs made the trip and hatched once they got there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fish fry show up in all kinds of weird places @GBBUDD . It could also be that the eggs made the trip and hatched once they got there.
that's the only way they cold have got there but for crying out loud the pond is what three months old and I have 3" koi living under a bog, they never see the light of day. must be cannibalizing the next batches of fry to enter the bog

Ask a Question