Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I love underwater video's! So neat and mesmerizing to see how the fish live!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful, an underwater camera is still on my to do list. Meanwhile i should get out there with the gopro like cam and get some underwater videos. I can't believe that your fish are not devouring your hyacinths. I also love the small rock shelf

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Papyris-1-2.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If I were a fish, I'd like to live in your pond!
One thing I always wished when I had the planted tank was to be able dive in and swim around. Well I guess I got my wish with the pond ok so even though i built a larger pond I too still say I wish I had made it bigger. I use to snorkel for hours and hours on end fresh or salt water it mattered not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stunning. An upper pond, a 2nd back up bog and a stream is truly next level! I wa as meaning to ask if you feed you plants any type of supplement, they are doing so well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stunning. An upper pond, a 2nd back up bog and a stream is truly next level! I wa as meaning to ask if you feed you plants any type of supplement, they are doing so well.
No I am not supplementing with any fertilizers, THE DUCK was a pooping machine. I do have an issue with run off I am working on that probably gave me some nutrients. I did put a root tab in the two lily plants that I have but soon stopped that. My town water does add phosphate to the water but it's in a very low dose. The over feeding when the duck was around was to keep him from eating all my plants and to keep him from biting the fish. my Largest being much slower then the smaller fish got hit several times by the duck she was constantly rubbing the bite marks from the duck and has become a problem. I pulled her out and have set her into a hospital tank one she can rub all day and not hurt her self the rocks in the pond have some rough very rough areas. and she definitely found one of them. so at the moment I am treating her for some lesions that have gotten bad to the point I can see her veins under her skin as well as her tail fin is showing blood to.we will see I am hardly a fish vet . Anyone have any sugestions?

Ask a Question