Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is some great photography, makes me a little jealous as my good camera is broken.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Buffet table (1 of 1).JPG
Monarc Butterfly (1 of 1).JPG
Nosey neighbor (1 of 1).JPG
Swamp weed (1 of 1).JPG
SPRING DRESS (1 of 1).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Made a 6000 gallon water change this morning. rinsed out the gravel in the shallows and removed some hair algae. caught at least 10 babies and the larger fish the young and the old . trying to catch the other yearlings was impossible picked up a sankee and a couple osheba 's? one being a ginrin
SANKEE (1 of 1).JPG
SANKEE OCHEBZA (1 of 1).JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Video update underwater. I have remove a slew of babies and four large koi" many more to go " The fish I originally purchased to cycle the pond I anticipated loosing about half. Well so much for the pessimist. I have been coming across some gorgeous fish and at the end of the season to where I couldn't say no. but now I have more then I would like especially for the first winter. which is one reason you see some skittish fish as at night I feed them and try to catch at least one. they usually don't give me a second shot at them until the next night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Very nice video, I really like the yellow koi @ 3.24 and the white one at @4.12, also it's interesting to see them swim in and out of the cave in the background.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice video, I really like the yellow koi @ 3.24 and the white one at @4.12, also it's interesting to see them swim in and out of the cave in the background.[/QUOTE.

The cave and the tunnel was me giving the fish a escape from blue herons. what I blew was not making it easy for me to catch them they can get in any one of several caves or tunnel and I don't stand a chance I have to wait for dark feed the fish and try and catch one every two or three days. If you look close you can see the damage from the duck fish with parts of the tail missing and scales plucked off. fortunately the scales are growing back the tails appear they may need a while

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I just noticed how reflective the surface of your water is from underneath, it looks like a mirror, you can see the fish's reflection, very cool.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Where are the ones you catch going?
Back to the garden center where I got the domestics. They have a real nice set up it's called Dieters in CT. I have some amazing fish from them as well the two red fish one with silver bog=dy the other a calico came from them as did the biggest ginrin orange butterfly. why are you interested? I just built a hospital/ quarantine tank they are going in there for now it's 4'x4'x3'-8" about 400 gallons

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just noticed how reflective the surface of your water is from underneath, it looks like a mirror, you can see the fish's reflection, very cool.
I turned down the return jets so there is not a lot of surface disturbance a trick I learned from the planted tank days and tasaki amano

Ask a Question