Good Foods for Great Health

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ONE HEALTHY CHOICE IS AVOIDING G.M.O.s....
407509_318154541566074_246310432083819_848442_1043457030_n.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
cool looking fish, would brighten up any aquarium. .but we're not eating them..... i want food grown by farmers, not pharmers. ORGANIC FARMERS preferrably.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess I'm lucky being a vegetarian all my life and never eating meat .I can't stand soda either never have never will like it .Too sweet for my taste .My mom was always worried about me when I was a kid .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
But sissy they do it to veggie's they grow also not just meat. And just because something says organic in the stores does not make it safe. Grow all your own I guess to be safe including meat and veggies! I couldn't kill any animals that I raised tho so guess I'd have to become a vegetarian even tho I can't stand most veggies. I'm a carnivore! I stopped drinking pop for the most part. Don't like all the junk in it..........either sugar free or not.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I grow most of my own veggies and just picked brussel sprouts and since I grew up on an organic farm I guess it is in my genes .

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the problem is the seeds for those veggies may be a product of their global science experiments....so unless you keep and grow from your own seeds, organic farming may not be the answer either...and most people buy seed. wether in those little packs, or 50lb bags. just be sure to buy non GMO seed. they probably have certification, like organic produce. IDK i've not grown a garden yet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well get busy koiguy..............I mean what else have you got to do with your life then to dig :goodnight:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Really there is no way around it and since it is not changing any time soon and the future is a big? why worry do the best you can and live life .I see people here that eat out everyday of the week and claim they are eating healthy .Yet they don't know who handles there food or where it has been .You will never know the real true future of food production .Even organic stores say 100 % organic and how do you really know .Just like they say now the healthiest food to eat is grown hydroponically and can't tell you about the water if it is tested and safe .Looked at the so called bottled waters they did that report on 60 minutes and found lots of bacteria in the water .Are we headed for a crash course maybe another ?I saw reports here on organic grown food that was tested and not really that good and is it worth the cost in todays economy .We will never know .the future hmmmm

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koiguy that video is too much to bear! My mind can't believe that one.............it just seems too far out!

Reaction score
I like my green smoothies, lots of recipies on the internet. Mine generally consist of an apple, banana, maybe some lemon, ginger root, a bunch of spinach (2-4 cups) maybe some other green such as kale, chard, beet greens, of course plus the beet and some water. Blend your variety of fruit and greens in your high powered blender and consider you are getting 10 - 15 servings of fruit and veggies. This is what I have for breakfast, I know it sounds weird, but I commute to work and it is easy to whip one up in the morning, pour into a quart canning jar, maybe need another pint size also. Pack that to work and sip all morning. Now if I could just get my evening meals as healthy..... I sometimes add chia seeds, or flax seeds (my blender takes care of the seeds, they are just pulverized), the list is neverending. People hear spinach and boo, but they are really good. A really tasty one to try first off would be a cup of almond milk, a spoon or two of frozen orange juice concentrate, a cup of frozen peaches ( I always buy my peaches in the fall and freeze myself) and a ten ounce bag of spinach and a tsp of vanilla. I love this one, its a good one to start with if you are leary about the spinach. Costco sells organic spinach cheap..

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i watched it and posted it...but i doo intend to do some research on the topic in the future...i personally find its possibility appalling , and am sad to say i can not put it past these big money companies and their drive to richen themselves and their shareholders.... i am proud to hear McDonalds made an apology and pledge to never again use that "pink slurry" ammonia washed inedible contaminated slop that much prepackaged hamburger contains. that our FDA says is O.K up to 15% content.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
loving life.....i love my smoothies as well....my typical breafast is.. 1 egg..1 slice of toasted 7 sprouted grain bread (usually cinnamon raisin) and a 24oz green smoothy with broccoli, spinach, and kale, kiwi, and an apple.(OJ & water as a base liquid) its 3:05pm here and ive already had 2 smoothies today...fruit only smoothies in the evening as a treat!

Ask a Question