Good Foods for Great Health

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by koiguy1969, Feb 15, 2012.

1. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

Really there is no way around it and since it is not changing any time soon and the future is a big? why worry do the best you can and live life .I see people here that eat out everyday of the week and claim they are eating healthy .Yet they don't know who handles there food or where it has been .You will never know the real true future of food production .Even organic stores say 100 % organic and how do you really know .Just like they say now the healthiest food to eat is grown hydroponically and can't tell you about the water if it is tested and safe .Looked at the so called bottled waters they did that report on 60 minutes and found lots of bacteria in the water .Are we headed for a crash course maybe another ?I saw reports here on organic grown food that was tested and not really that good and is it worth the cost in todays economy .We will never know .the future hmmmm

sissy, Feb 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

Koiguy that video is too much to bear! My mind can't believe that one.............it just seems too far out!

j.w, Feb 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. koiguy1969

lovinglife

I like my green smoothies, lots of recipies on the internet. Mine generally consist of an apple, banana, maybe some lemon, ginger root, a bunch of spinach (2-4 cups) maybe some other green such as kale, chard, beet greens, of course plus the beet and some water. Blend your variety of fruit and greens in your high powered blender and consider you are getting 10 - 15 servings of fruit and veggies. This is what I have for breakfast, I know it sounds weird, but I commute to work and it is easy to whip one up in the morning, pour into a quart canning jar, maybe need another pint size also. Pack that to work and sip all morning. Now if I could just get my evening meals as healthy..... I sometimes add chia seeds, or flax seeds (my blender takes care of the seeds, they are just pulverized), the list is neverending. People hear spinach and boo, but they are really good. A really tasty one to try first off would be a cup of almond milk, a spoon or two of frozen orange juice concentrate, a cup of frozen peaches ( I always buy my peaches in the fall and freeze myself) and a ten ounce bag of spinach and a tsp of vanilla. I love this one, its a good one to start with if you are leary about the spinach. Costco sells organic spinach cheap..

lovinglife, Feb 27, 2012
  4. koiguy1969

koiguy1969 GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!

i watched it and posted it...but i doo intend to do some research on the topic in the future...i personally find its possibility appalling , and am sad to say i can not put it past these big money companies and their drive to richen themselves and their shareholders.... i am proud to hear McDonalds made an apology and pledge to never again use that "pink slurry" ammonia washed inedible contaminated slop that much prepackaged hamburger contains. that our FDA says is O.K up to 15% content.

koiguy1969, Feb 27, 2012
  5. koiguy1969

loving life.....i love my smoothies as well....my typical breafast is.. 1 egg..1 slice of toasted 7 sprouted grain bread (usually cinnamon raisin) and a 24oz green smoothy with broccoli, spinach, and kale, kiwi, and an apple.(OJ & water as a base liquid) its 3:05pm here and ive already had 2 smoothies today...fruit only smoothies in the evening as a treat!

koiguy1969, Feb 27, 2012
  6. koiguy1969

lovinglife

Awesome! Just think of all the fresh raw/whole food you are getting!! I love them and have for several years, which is why I have two expensive blenders! I may have to try the sprouted grain bread, can you get that in a regular store?

lovinglife, Feb 27, 2012
  7. koiguy1969

health food and good produce stores carry the breads...you'l find them in the freezer.
    if you'd like to research the sprouted grain breads google "manna bread" or "ezekiel bread" they are breads as described in the bible. following Gods nutritional laws. they contain no glutens to leave sticky film in blood vessels.. no sugar... no flours or starches, both of which your body metabolizes as sugar... no yeast ...not salt. they are far more nutrient dense per calorie than any so called healthy whole grain processed bread.
    directions and recipes for making your own can be found on youtube...it takes a few days to make these breads. but wow!

koiguy1969, Feb 27, 2012
  8. koiguy1969

lovinglife

Sounds like something I need to get into. I love making my own bread, and yogurt is so much better home made and so easy! I raise a large garden every year, put up as much as I can, plus we have a few acres where we have chickens for eggs, rabbits for fertilizer and meat and also calves for the freezer. We have a couple less than healthy vices......so I do what I can to improve our health where I can. Still can't get rid of the Saturday afternoon beer break :beerchug: ........oh well, going to enjoy my time here..

lovinglife, Feb 28, 2012
    sissy likes this.
  9. koiguy1969

sissy sissy

True very true lovinglife as we never know hat tomorrow brings .One day at a time .I have never eaten meat so never missed it and after 58 years i'm not going to start now .I do love my veggies but people I know do say it should be against the law for vegetarians to own dogs LOL

sissy, Feb 28, 2012
  10. koiguy1969

ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS.....BEWARE.....

Walmart is set to sell a new form of genetically-engineered (GE) sweet corn as early as this summer. Monsanto’s Bt sweet corn contains three GE traits that have never before been consumed directly by humans, and have not been subjected to thorough safety testing. There will be no labeling whatsoever indicating that the corn is a genetically modified organism.
    Most GE corn is not fit for human consumption unless it is heavily processed into products like high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, or corn oil. This means that consumers can avoid consuming GE corn simply by choosing not to eat processed foods with corn-derived ingredients. However, Monstanto’s Bt sweet corn will be sold to consumers as whole ears on the cob and will be found in the produce section.
    The “Bt” means that the corn contains Bt toxin, which comes from the bacteria Bacillus theringiensis and is commonly used on crops as a pesticide. Monsanto’s corn has been modified to produce this toxin, which means it makes its own pesticide, rupturing the stomachs of the insects that eat it. It is unknown what effect consuming a plant that produces this toxin will have on humans, however lab rats that were fed the Bt corn suffer from organ failure.
    A number of grocery stores have already committed to keeping the GE corn off their shelves, including Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. General Mills has also agreed to not use the new corn in their products. A number of petitions have been started urging Walmart to drop or label the corn as genetically modified. The hope is that if Walmart refuses to sell the Bt sweet corn, other food retailers will follow suit. However, such activists will have a tough fight, since it is well known that Walmart has close ties with Monstanto.
    Related:
    Petition: Walmart, Don’t Sell Monsanto Corn
    8 Ways Monsanto is Destroying Our Health
    10 Ways to Take Action Against Monsanto
    Petition: Demand Clear Labels on Genetically Engineered Food

Read more:Conscious Consumer, Food, News & Issues, corn, GMO, Monsanto, walmart
    Read more: http://www.care2.com...l#ixzz1nhCECUeo

SERIOUSLY...WTF?

koiguy1969, Feb 28, 2012
  11. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

I need some good health vibes today...............have bugger of a head/chest cold. Didn't do anything yesterday but laze around drinking tea, coughing, blowing nose. Better today but darn head aches. Will laze around today to try to get better sooner. Not posting much, just reading all your posts :sniffles:

j.w, Feb 28, 2012
  12. koiguy1969

Airborne makes some really good cold relief products....zinc is also good for killing a cold.

koiguy1969, Feb 28, 2012
  13. koiguy1969

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

I told her, to get some zinc when she first started feeling the cold come on, not sure if she did. You know how it can be if you need to drive somewhere to get something.

addy1, Feb 28, 2012
  14. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

Thanks you two for the advice. No I didn't get anything. Stubborn me, always thinking let my body fight it off. Better now. I will live!

j.w, Feb 29, 2012
  15. koiguy1969

so...anyone have any thoughts on the walmart / monsanto article? ... anyone still gonna be buying corn on the cob at walmarts?

koiguy1969, Feb 29, 2012
  16. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

I don't eat corn cuz it's too high in carbs but if I was gonna buy it it wouldn't be at Wal-mart. I'd buy it fresh from a farmer around here or grow my own. I'm not gonna be their guinea pig!

j.w, Feb 29, 2012
  17. koiguy1969

taherrmann4 Tmann

No their produce is not great quality anyway.

taherrmann4, Feb 29, 2012
  18. koiguy1969

t mann ... did you read the article?....its just sickening!!

koiguy1969, Feb 29, 2012
  19. koiguy1969

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

I don't buy at wally world, except kitty litter for my plants. The more you hear about food the less you want to eat anything.

addy1, Feb 29, 2012
  20. koiguy1969

j.w I Love my Goldies

Ha Ha addy I wish that were true for me cuz I'd be 110lbs and smiling :D

j.w, Feb 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question