Good Foods for Great Health

Reaction score
Awesome! Just think of all the fresh raw/whole food you are getting!! I love them and have for several years, which is why I have two expensive blenders! I may have to try the sprouted grain bread, can you get that in a regular store?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
health food and good produce stores carry the breads...you'l find them in the freezer.
if you'd like to research the sprouted grain breads google "manna bread" or "ezekiel bread" they are breads as described in the bible. following Gods nutritional laws. they contain no glutens to leave sticky film in blood vessels.. no sugar... no flours or starches, both of which your body metabolizes as sugar... no yeast ...not salt. they are far more nutrient dense per calorie than any so called healthy whole grain processed bread.
directions and recipes for making your own can be found on youtube...it takes a few days to make these breads. but wow!

Reaction score
Sounds like something I need to get into. I love making my own bread, and yogurt is so much better home made and so easy! I raise a large garden every year, put up as much as I can, plus we have a few acres where we have chickens for eggs, rabbits for fertilizer and meat and also calves for the freezer. We have a couple less than healthy vices......so I do what I can to improve our health where I can. Still can't get rid of the Saturday afternoon beer break :beerchug: ........oh well, going to enjoy my time here..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
True very true lovinglife as we never know hat tomorrow brings .One day at a time .I have never eaten meat so never missed it and after 58 years i'm not going to start now .I do love my veggies but people I know do say it should be against the law for vegetarians to own dogs LOL

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS.....BEWARE.....

Walmart is set to sell a new form of genetically-engineered (GE) sweet corn as early as this summer. Monsanto’s Bt sweet corn contains three GE traits that have never before been consumed directly by humans, and have not been subjected to thorough safety testing. There will be no labeling whatsoever indicating that the corn is a genetically modified organism.
Most GE corn is not fit for human consumption unless it is heavily processed into products like high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, or corn oil. This means that consumers can avoid consuming GE corn simply by choosing not to eat processed foods with corn-derived ingredients. However, Monstanto’s Bt sweet corn will be sold to consumers as whole ears on the cob and will be found in the produce section.
The “Bt” means that the corn contains Bt toxin, which comes from the bacteria Bacillus theringiensis and is commonly used on crops as a pesticide. Monsanto’s corn has been modified to produce this toxin, which means it makes its own pesticide, rupturing the stomachs of the insects that eat it. It is unknown what effect consuming a plant that produces this toxin will have on humans, however lab rats that were fed the Bt corn suffer from organ failure.
A number of grocery stores have already committed to keeping the GE corn off their shelves, including Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. General Mills has also agreed to not use the new corn in their products. A number of petitions have been started urging Walmart to drop or label the corn as genetically modified. The hope is that if Walmart refuses to sell the Bt sweet corn, other food retailers will follow suit. However, such activists will have a tough fight, since it is well known that Walmart has close ties with Monstanto.
Related:
Petition: Walmart, Don’t Sell Monsanto Corn
8 Ways Monsanto is Destroying Our Health
10 Ways to Take Action Against Monsanto
Petition: Demand Clear Labels on Genetically Engineered Food

Read more:Conscious Consumer, Food, News & Issues, corn, GMO, Monsanto, walmart
Read more: http://www.care2.com...l#ixzz1nhCECUeo

SERIOUSLY...WTF?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I need some good health vibes today...............have bugger of a head/chest cold. Didn't do anything yesterday but laze around drinking tea, coughing, blowing nose. Better today but darn head aches. Will laze around today to try to get better sooner. Not posting much, just reading all your posts :sniffles:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Airborne makes some really good cold relief products....zinc is also good for killing a cold.

I told her, to get some zinc when she first started feeling the cold come on, not sure if she did. You know how it can be if you need to drive somewhere to get something.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks you two for the advice. No I didn't get anything. Stubborn me, always thinking let my body fight it off. Better now. I will live!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
so...anyone have any thoughts on the walmart / monsanto article? ... anyone still gonna be buying corn on the cob at walmarts?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't eat corn cuz it's too high in carbs but if I was gonna buy it it wouldn't be at Wal-mart. I'd buy it fresh from a farmer around here or grow my own. I'm not gonna be their guinea pig!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
t mann ... did you read the article?....its just sickening!!

I don't buy at wally world, except kitty litter for my plants. The more you hear about food the less you want to eat anything.

Ask a Question