Got Rock? A new pond needing help.

Reaction score
welcome to the forum from a newbie. I heartily second what Koiguy says: decide how big a pond you think you want and then double it. you might end up with enough to satisfy you. :)

Reaction score
Ya, I just got 24 cans of the pond foam on ebay. Make sure to save 8% going thru bing.com. I will certainly have some extra to sell for cheep on here I think. I couldnt resist thou when I paid $12 for the last can of it at lowes. Too bad you were a little closer to me than an hour. Ive still got a bunch of these rubber mats I used to protect my liner as I put it directly on top of rock. Everything looks great. My dad and step mom have an old farm that my step grandfather build or his father build the farmhouse and original house. I cant remeber. Its the Wilhelm farm in graby CT, about 60 acers of woods, protected by conservation easements donated to the Granby Land Trust, so they will never be built on. Its a great property with a stream in the back. I would love to build a huge pond there, but had to biuld my little one an my litte acre of property. Its good to see another fellow CT digger. Man who ever decided CT would be a good place to farm! Anyways, theith the backhoe you should be able to get things done efficiently as it looks like youve done some great work already. And I love the plants. I need some for my tank 70g, but ive got no good light source yet. Got rid of all my MH and HPS lights when I stoped growing...stuff.

Reaction score
LOL, that is too funny. Must be one of those plants that look like a swamp hybiscuss. I've had so many people question me on what that plant is or just look like they are too afraid to ask. Suprized it hasn't been stollen from me.

Reaction score
I havent priced any foam and it looks like this is a done deal until spring time anyways, Its snowing here and my yard is covered ! Only a little but I have been straight out packing away lawn ornaments, hoses and potted plants for the season. There are just not enough hours in the day around here... :banghead3:

Thats kool aviator... another over-taxed CT guy ! If your family farm is in Granby and is under the land trust then perhaps it is listed in the CT barns website? ( http://www.connecticutbarns.org/ ) My barn is listed on that site under Lebanon since it was built in 1850. It was a proud day when they said they wanted to add it. Its a great website. You have an aquarium ? PM me or EMail me a shipping addy and I will send you some ferns that I have that do not need a lot of light to grow and will grow better if you have a heavier fish bio load in your tank. Hell I am getting ready to throw some out anyways so you have nothing to lose to try them.

Time to go look around... TTFN :biggrin:

Ask a Question