Help on my outdoor pond. Fish are dying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
When adding water I always use TetraPond Aquascape Water Conditioner and have never had a problem. I have a small water meter that screws onto the end of my hose. This way I know how much water conditioner to add. I pour the conditioner into the splashing water from the hose.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Every so often I use a pool leaf net to scoop out the bottom of the pond. It's a bag type net, not the flat skimmer type. I especially have to do this in the spring and do it a few times. Seems over the winter a lot of debris collects on the bottom.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No. Scotch brand sponges I have heard can have Agave fibers in the so that they are made environmentally friendly. Agave plants can poison fish as they will be toxic for them. Calling the company to confirm would be the best thing for her to do so she can find out.
WOW! Thanks for that info — I never knew. I have a few scrubbies in my system, but don’t know that they are a particular brand. Haven’t had any problems after 6 years. Scary thought.....especially for people who don’t read labels! Wonder what other brands use agave, or if that’s listed in their ingredients?

Ask a Question