Help with determining dimensions of new pond structure

Reaction score
Country
United States
why not use concrete block with a brick veneer ,if you really want brick .I used retaining wall block .Also do it half below ground and half above so it will not be as intrusive a structure .Mine is built that way
Can you make something round out of concrete block? (clearly I am not well versed in construction...lol)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
images

images

upload_2016-9-7_22-5-47.jpeg

upload_2016-9-7_22-5-59.jpeg

images

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
none of those look like they are 2 1/2 feet thick .They look to be about 8 to 12 inch's deep and I have built a lot of stuff .My walls on my pond are 10 inch deep retaining wall block

Reaction score
Country
United States
none of those look like they are 2 1/2 feet thick .
I am going back to brick guy to discuss with him. Those pictures seem to be 1 brick wide. Perhaps they do have that concrete block and a brick veneer on top??

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They make light weight concrete block in all shapes now concrete block I used was 4 inch's thick block below ground and then 1 row of 8 inch block

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You could also do poured concrete with reinforcement and then brick it on the sides and top for aesthetics if the size is because of the instability of the brick. It would look the same.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about building with brick.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Back to your original question, I would think that you'd want that measurement to be from inside wall to inside wall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
No he isn't a pond builder. He is a brick layer. I am doing all the pond part. I just wanted him to do the brick wall.
i understand now lol may b im wrong , hes planing to lay bricks without cement thats why he wanted thick to b heavy and resist pressure? if he uses cement then even 5 inch thick will be enuf .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Get a different contractor. Brick needs to be no more than two (2) ranks thick. Most of the hydrostatic pressure is at the bottom of the pool/pond.
hey u r a human , why u misslead ppl by writing ur a tadepole !

Ask a Question