Heron nest.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, May want to take the time and go back and review the time of the year you got visited last year. They me gettng ready for migration and finding easy prey to stock up for the flight south. Here they stay year round so there is always a threat. I wonder if the Gator head is doing as good a job as it appears. It does seem to be working for you better than the fake heron worked for me. i'm starting to have serious thought about getting one myself. It would blend in with my setting pretty well and wouldn't look to far out of natural look. LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got one recently and I love it even if it won't work. I don't know if our Herons here know what a gator is? The one I have is really light weight, made out of some kind of buoyant material and no problem w/ holes that way as it's hollow underneath. Was gonna get the dad and jr both but my pond isn't big enough for both so just got the bigger one. I got mine here: http://www.drsfoster...73&pcatid=23573

IMG_4065.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
He's cute, JW, and I'm so glad no holes, didn't want to visualize you blowing the water/air out again this year. :) Looked at the website, noticed the bright red eyes! They look scary to me, hope they work for you as well as Addy's do for her. I bet they will, though.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They say the glowing eyes make the heron think it is looking at them, so they say lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How incredible to be able to walk out of your house and see this! Amazing - thanks for sharing :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The babies are growing and geting out of the nest all during the day now. I've seen the wandering stretching it's wings but for now they just jump from branch to branch.

Attachments

• Koi pond build update 007.JPG
    Koi pond build update 007.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 243
  • Koi pond build update 008.JPG
    Koi pond build update 008.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Koi pond build update 010.JPG
    Koi pond build update 010.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 207
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Awwww ... cute fuzzy babies. Wonder when Mom will start teaching them to start hunting? Assume she still brings food to the nest for them, but soon they will likely be trying their luck at fishing, once they learn to fly. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok I see them both together in the nest and yes they do look quite fuzzy still so guess it will be a bit before they can fly. They are cute!

Ask a Question