Holding place for fish while pond is reconstructed

Reaction score
their website says it uses between 360-440 watts...and based on 10 cent per kilowatt hour of use.. they figure it costs $315-$385 per year running 24/7

Reaction score
Hubs emptied the pond alirtke while ago after transferring the fish to a 50 gallon container filled with pond water. Used another container with pond water to hold the plants. Placed pump in container and covered the opening with netting and spitter moving the water. Dig tomorrow morning if weather holds and new liner arrives on Tuesday. Here is photo with plants, fish and waterfall removed. You can see the outline using rope of one side that will be pond rather than flagstone and rock. image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your fish will be happy fishes with the bigger size. Post digging pictures we love to watch others work...........

Reaction score
They will be here soon to start digging. Heres a pic from upstairs balcony with all the flagstone removed and the fish in the container. Hubs opted not to have water go thru batting rather than listen to me so so the water is murky. Will fix that up shortly.image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats alot of watts and there are more energy wise ones out there

Reaction score
He was in charge of configuring the dimensions and what pump we needed. I suggested this forum because of the wealth of information here, but you know what some men are like! I should have had him give me the dimensions and asked for advise here on which would work best. If I say anything to him now he'll just be annoyed with me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ahh know what you mean and they have to do it there way .But if anything goes wrong we are still here .Just don't say i told you so ,they get madder . :razz: I just know I have been looking for an energy saving pump as electric rates are not going down ,just up up and away

Reaction score
Well I just told him and he said it calls for 3.55 amps and he said it will be fine. He said it's going to be running the bog as well as the waterfall he's going to be bulding so we shall see. Told him I should end up with one heck of a waterfall with the power of this pump then! I'm going to go upstairs and take of pic of where they are now. Do you think I should add pond start since it will be new water? I will be adding the water that the fish are in as well as what the plants are in back into the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have city water you will need to treat it .I pumped and saved all my water from my pond .I had it in everything from garbage cans to pails .

Reaction score
Here's a photo of where we are as of now. They left to go offload the dirt so they can load some more. I'm trying to stay out of the way and provide as little input as possible. image.jpg

Reaction score
He pumped a lot of it out of the pond and into the lake so I just have twoi containers full but I have the treatment to take care of the chlorine.

Reaction score
its really wet so it's easy to dig, but it also makes it heavier. We continue to flip between 50's and 80's...craziness but that's life in Texas.

Ask a Question