Holding place for fish while pond is reconstructed

Reaction score
Well the netting is now off of the pond and hoping it's not a fool's decision..but really don't like looking at it and it obsure's the view of the fish. I bought a really cool Heron on Etsy from someone who made if from recycled products which is awesome and I think it looks pretty cool. I'm moving it around as I am the metal one I've had for years. I received a 28" alligator head that I ordered in the mail a couple of days ago and put that in the pond as well today. Lots more fish and hopefully things to protect them and keep the herons/egrets away...might not sleep well tonight and will be nervous walking out back tomorrow. Here are photos of both as well as a few pics of some of the new fish that I bought recently. I might have to upload in two different posts.

Attachments

• recycled heron.JPG
    recycled heron.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 256
  • fish and alligator.JPG
    fish and alligator.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 235
  • awesome.JPG
    awesome.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 256
  • fish.JPG
    fish.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 234

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that heron! Never heard of etsy.........need to check them out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why not do like colleen and hang things above the pond on fishing line .Hobby stores have all kinds of plastic things like dragon flies ,butter flies and even the plastic colored drops .You would not see the fishing line but those sparkly things would scare the predators from above away .They are cheap also a 1.25 at hobby lobby or walmart

Reaction score

They have really cool stuff. My daughter loves Penquins and I've found some really unique things made by artist's and stuff that is vintage which is cool also.

Reaction score
Sissy..the only reason I don't do that is that we live in a master planned community and have the HOA to deal with. I would have people complaining about things hanging on a line and swaying in the wind. I'm hoping that two herons and an alligator work. I do also though have an owl that I was going to put out front because the neighbors had birds that build nests under their garage area and they would dive bomb me when I went out front. I bought the darn owl and before I put it out they had left, so in researching, I found that herons/egrets don't like owls so I will have my husband put it out there somewhere. I just don't want too much stuff out there that it starts to look tacky.

Ask a Question