Home stretch on my DIY pond

Reaction score
So much has changed! I took a hiatus from working on the pond, and just enjoyed it. So now I have been changing the things that didn't work, the things I discovered I didn't like, the things I did wrong, etc. The biggest change has been taking the flagstone edging off, and replacing it with rocks. After one child, two dogs, and one adult (that's me) fell in at different times due to wobbling flagstones, off they came (I put a picture of what it looked like before in, just for comparison). I actually like the look of the rocks better than the flagstone, it is a bit more natural. Hopefully I will get it finished this weekend, but wanted to post my progress. I also put up a huge "net" around my pond. I hooped conduit, and supported it in the middle, and ran netting over it. That way the leaves stay out, but I can walk around underneath. It has worked pretty good so far. The whole enclosure is 50' x 25' x 10'. My water has actually turned crystal clear, however the blue dye I added to combat the algae bloom this summer ( I really don't think that crap works!) has left my water an eerie lagoon blue. The only thing that will fix that is water changes I guess. Please excuse the messes, hoses, buckets, etc surrounding the pond. I make a mess when I work! There is still more to be done, I am learning that a pond is never finished!

Attachments

• Picture 1231.jpg
    Picture 1231.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Picture 1237 pond.jpg
    Picture 1237 pond.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture 1238 pond.jpg
    Picture 1238 pond.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 1236 pond.jpg
    Picture 1236 pond.jpg