sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can get a tote of close to the same size to put inside it .It would give you less worry .All you have to do is measure the tote .I cut the wheels off mine with a roto zip tool .Took awhile but was easy to do

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
you can get a tote of close to the same size to put inside it .It would give you less worry .All you have to do is measure the tote .I cut the wheels off mine with a roto zip tool .Took awhile but was easy to do
I'll suggest that to hubby tonight Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I guess I'm going to have to take a chance with mine, cause hubby's convinced he bought a stronger kind and there is no way it could crack
Crossing my fingers that he's right!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@mrsclem this setting is only meant for a few weeks, these 2 koi should be my last two for hopefully several years, that's why we thought of a plastic tub with a lid that hubby can use in the garage afterwards.
Can somebody please tell me where exactly it could crack?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
For those interested in water quality and cycling ... I have about 40gls of water in this tub with two 5" koi. Some might think that 1 koi would've been easier, but being the social fish that they are, I was afraid that alone one koi would stress and shed slime, adding to ammonia buildup, so for that reason I chose to go with 2 fish.

To help with the cycling I'm using Fluval Cycle, 50oz of ceramic Zolite (thank you @sissy ) and water changes.
I will start Prime (my store didn't have it so I had to order it online) when the Fluval Cycle runs out.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just guessing but I would think the area most likely would be center of long side where the holes are cut to lock the lid. BTW- very nice fish! Do you mind if I ask where you got them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Just guessing but I would think the area most likely would be center of long side where the holes are cut to lock the lid. BTW- very nice fish! Do you mind if I ask where you got them?
Did I miss pictures of these two new koi ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The long side is obviously the part that the water pressure pushes out of shape, but there are no holes for the lid, unless I'm not understanding what you mean...does it help that the tub is only 2/3 full?
I got these fish at Next Day Koi, they were 20 dollars each with discount...I usually buy 12 to 14" but for this price I thought I can take the chance with tiny ones and grow them indoor :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine got a crack in the bottom and showed signs of cracking in the side and then I pulled it and put another tank inside it until I could get another tank .But mine was outside and subjected to the weather also .I read after that it could be toxic to fish and animals to drink out of .I think it was because of the plastic it was made of .Mine got retired in 1016 after2 years of use as that was when I saw the first crack and read the label that I had not read .I just figure it was safe and then read up on certain plastics that are not safe for human or pets because they break down .

Ask a Question