Let's do it again Sam

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just collect 2500 plastic milk jugs, voila :ROFLMAO:
Bahaha you say that but my family drinks milk like crazy it probably wouldn't take that long!
I bought a laguna last year and I love it but I'm running regular hose as tubing, what kind of tubing do you use to your filter? Flexible underwater kind?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can try sump pump hose and see if it works at 10 dollars a cheap fix .The other hose can be expensive .I use 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 .Youy restrict the flow to much and it can ruin the pump .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I haven't had issues with the pump but my waterfall is just kinda pathetic and I would like a little more flow through the bog. Sump Pump hose, got it. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have my tubing running up and outta the pond under the edge of the liner all along the side to the other end of pond and hooked to the back of my waterfall container. I think it is 1" and it was the expensive kind that doesn't get brittle and cracks. I should switch to a bigger diameter but I haven't yet. It looks like brand new still. It's flexible but tough.
1 Pond tubing.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ok now see I bought some of that when I first got the new pump, and I wasn't sure the best way to hook it up to the pump, did you use hose clamps or what with the ribbing?
Lowe's had clear acrylic non ribbed tubing but it was super expensive. And I definitely think I need to go bigger than 1". Maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2. (Although anything is better than the 3/4 I'm currently running).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My tubing of course would not fit over the new pumps outtake so I mickey moused it together w/some kind of reducer so each end would fit. I didn't use a hose clamp on the tubing in the water but I did on the end that attaches to the waterfall cuz I sure don't want that popping off. I might re-do the tubing in the water so it is connected better but who knows. For now it is ok.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
if you buy clamps make sure they are stainless steel .The sump pump hose is ribbed but comes with smooth spots and that is where you cut it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can see how sump pump hose hooks up to even pvc pipe ,That is the spitter i have in my waterfall pond .

Attachments

• pond leak or waterfall pond leak 003.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 003.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 222
  • pond leak or waterfall pond leak 033.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 033.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 222
  • pond leak or waterfall pond leak 040.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 040.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 213
  • pond leak or waterfall pond leak 045.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 045.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 228

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had to move my water and fish to a new pond this fall to do some work on the old one. The 2 fish did fine with the clean liner and the old water.
But I never stopped my filters and i ran a bypass to the new pond.
Than a few weeks later I pumped the water back and put the fish in the old pond

i

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Make sure you test the water before you put them back in .I tested mine in the morning and at night and I added as many air stones as I could right away .My ph was high at first

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
you can see how sump pump hose hooks up to even pvc pipe ,That is the spitter i have in my waterfall pond .
Ahh I see what you mean by the smooth portion. I'd have to make sure and buy the correct length since it doesn't look like it can be cut.
Thank Dr.Case, JB, and Meyer! And yes Sissy, great point, I will.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It has smooth sections every 2 or 3 feet and only comes in one length .You just have to make sure you cut in the middle of the smooth sections .I had a pic of it but it is still locked up in my old puter .You can look at it in the store it comes in a plastic bag .To connect to hoses together I use the pvc pipe and clamps .It is by the sump pumps in lowes

Last edited:

Ask a Question