my first big problem...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have a pretty bad leak going on... water level is down atleast 6" in 3or 4 days.... the kids may be coming inside early this year!... i pray this is something thats not gonna cost me... i just cant afford any extra expences. like a new liner etc... i guess i cant complain. this is the first actual problem i have encountered up til now...except the heron(s) and they havent been an issue in a couple years. wish me luck and no expence!
it was down an inch or so about a week ago, i refilled, and it seems as tho it took a couple days before the level started droppping. i was gonna let it go untill the leak stopped for locating leak ... i may have it solved now, we'll see. may have been a waterfall issue. like i said..wish me luck. a prayer wouldnt hurt either!...thanx

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hope your leak turns out to be like mine, just a simple adjusting. My bog got to full of plants and it caused a small leak over the liner on the back side of the bog. removed a few Taro, placed a rock under the lo spot in the liner and good to go. Do hope yours is a simple fix as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Praying it is something quick and easy w/ a simple adjustment koiguy.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good luck to you koiguy.

My biggest fear is a leak. My second biggest fear is of a raccoon eating all my fish and frogs.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We lost a foot in two days, (while out of town), one tiny dead lily flower plug between ponds, now fixed that it can't happen again.

May yours be as fixable.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Hope it's nothing also... mine was from a bad "fold" in the liner once water went up to a certain level and capillary action "syphoned" water out. A readjustment fixed it...

GreatDanesDad

Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
My waterfall had its share of minor leaks upon construction. My new best friend is "Pond Stuff". Wishing you luck in finding the solution.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i redid the pond in the fall of 2008, it has been running absolutely fantastic since then.(not that it had any issues before then). i would love to redo it again. but its gonna have to "hold up" til my finances catch up to my imagination.i'll be checkin the water level come mornin".
thanks for the well wishes.

Reaction score
KG - I am sorry for your troubles. My biggest fear is a leak. Hoping it all works out for you - let us know.

Saying a prayer for you.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
O.K...I believe the problem is solved. i dry stacked my stone on the waterfall. and my liner has never been fastened to my filter. what happened was, the plants that are around the waterfall,(one kind in particular) grew roots so thick and dense thru out the stones in the falls and around the filter they pushed the stones and liner out away from the filter tank. they were so thick and long they looked like spiderman went web crazy. the waterfall stone (flat stones) and liner were actually bound together with roots. i had to pull rip, and cut them apart to seperate them. so far water level is stable.. 'fingers crossed'

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
still holing its level..."thank you Lord", and thank you guys, for the "well wishes"... i should have snapped a couple pics of all the roots around the stone, and liner and between the liner and filter housing, WOW! anyways it appears crisis is averted...i'm leaving the stones out til spring. maybe i'll fasten the liner to the tank as well.

Ask a Question