My new pond (Help and advice appreciated)

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2200 gal. Pond and run 2 waterfalls. I have a biological filter behind one and a mechanical filter behind the 2nd. Each have a 11w UV light. Both are run from one pump (24/7). I also keep a pump in reserve (just in case). I have numerous koi & goldfish so both provide plenty of aration.

Attachments

• 20171018_021205.jpg
    20171018_021205.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 298
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 2200 gal. Pond and run 2 waterfalls. I have a biological filter behind one and a mechanical filter behind the 2nd. Each have a 11w UV light. Both are run from one pump (24/7). I also keep a pump in reserve (just in case). I have numerous koi & goldfish so both provide plenty of aration.

Need pics! :

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The filter has been running now for around 3 weeks.

CrTesZj.jpg

The glass on the right was week 2

The glass on the left week 3

Looks like I'm getting tannin build up. Do you think it's worth adding some Activated Carbon to my filter outlet going into the waterfall reservoir?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
quilt batting in a crate with a small pump in an area where the water will run back into the pond will work .I use quilt batting every spring .I even use it in my stock tanks when I move babies to it to be given away
100_7171.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lowered the left hand bank and added the turf to make a grassy pool. Also finished of the reservoir at the top and added some moss and shrubs etc to finish it off. Just need nature to run its course now and for the plants to grow in the pond and in the rocks and waterfall to break the stones and rocks up a bit.

Roll on March when I can add some fish :)

Early shot of the pond build for reference :)

jXEbopEl.jpg

Ur0pyDKl.jpg

MeHZplJl.jpg

heHb6edl.jpg

8S3vMVsl.jpg

q463VH8l.jpg

FlRXL6rl.jpg

wVrmJwml.jpg

gL0asxrl.jpg

Dm9ZrXil.jpg

Rw2eMWMl.jpg

hzuxPkrl.jpg

O1N8XqEl.jpg

XmHqeWal.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All is looking great and looks like the new grass is growing good right up to your pond edge. Gonna have to keep that grass well watered around the edge over that liner. We have two septic tank holes down about a foot covered w/ stainless steel covers to protect so dirt won't fall in in case the plastic covers crack. Every year when it gets warmer I have to water the heck out of those two spots or they yellow up fast. You would think w/a foot of dirt over them it would not do that but yep it does.

Ask a Question