My new pond (Help and advice appreciated)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very busy Sunday !

Looks like a scene from the Lake District :)

v1CsSX7.jpg

9WNLwkQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot to mention, I had a leak under the spill stones and when I turned the waterfall off the stream emptied. I have removed the spillway stones and will cement them back in in tomorrow. The foam just didn't work...Its amazing how water finds a way through the tiniest gaps when under pressure...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Forgot to mention, I had a leak under the spill stones and when I turned the waterfall off the stream emptied. I have removed the spillway stones and will cement them back in in tomorrow. The foam just didn't work...Its amazing how water finds a way through the tiniest gaps when under pressure...
Water is like electric path of least resistance

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lowered the left bank today...Back breaking work... Got turf incoming tomorrow . Thought I'd best do it sooner rather than later.. Beginning stages of the "lower" :)

Nhmn7rV.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would still try the phlox in that area ,it would look so pretty in the spring blooming all pink and purple .before it blooms and after
all around 7-14-15 056.JPG
101_0208.JPG
101_0187.JPG
101_0206.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know several on here have it growing around the pond .It grows right over stone .You can see that in my 3rd pic .I have it planted by my banana plants by the pond .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just checked and it seems Rabbits love it :(

I have Rabbits loads of them! Although I love to watch them on Brisk early UK dawns...they do eat and seek and destroy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just tidying up...After initial testing on shelf 2 , do I put my Pump at the deepest part away from the falls or shelf 3?

Cheers

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my phlox when I bought it was in tiny pots and it spreads fast and the color come spring is a welcome relief and brightens your day and really pulls your eye to that area

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks, The reservoir is just a way to hold the water for the falls.

The overflow was the ability to lower the level of the pond if needed etc...This would be on a valve.

The pump is a variable rate pump So I will be able to control the waterflow via a remote control.

I guess my main question is , Is the reservoir even needed? I guess I could feed the falls directly from the pump?

Ask a Question