j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well darn @callingcolleen1 I was so engrossed in your video and then it just wham, bam, stopped! I want more, more, more,lol! Your ponds are looking all sparkly and perking up for the Spring. Love that Marsh Marigold. Sorry it won't grow here I bet it's not cold enough here in the winter for long enough I guess. We get down into the 20's and 30f's here tho. Sometimes below that for a short time.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well darn @callingcolleen1 I was so engrossed in your video and then it just wham, bam, stopped! I want more, more, more,lol! Your ponds are looking all sparkly and perking up for the Spring. Love that Marsh Marigold. Sorry it won't grow here I bet it's not cold enough here in the winter for long enough I guess. We get down into the 20's and 30f's here tho. Sometimes below that for a short time.
Yes that Marsh Marigold needs to freeze very hard or it can rot

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Going to do fashion now that I'm old... Here I have cheap white Jean Jacket from Walmart, underneath is a light flowing flowered long cover, and white tank top under that, with cropped pink jeans from second hand store... I like this look...
20200504_140909_HDR.jpg

Even my bathroom is decorated like my garden ha ha

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well its winter again in Canada. Ponds all running smoothly and pumps all running. Just a quick video from today of greenhouse and outside goldfish and koi ponds. Pumps and filters all underwater and all run all year round.

PS Its a crazy world out there, stay healthy and try not to stress.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Your aquarium looks great!
That grass is so beautiful in Aquarium and never before have I had such a beautiful planted tank. Condition's in greenhouse just perfect thin sheet curtain hangs on back of rank and prevent's too much direct light so no algae at all!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi! Most people here on this forum may know me by now, I'm Colleen from Canada, and I have been wintering my pond for the past 20 years, I will post regular almost daily pictures and "show and tell" you everything I do, or do not do. So far have been very successful, watch this thread and I will take you through the harshest weather in "planet earth" and watch slowly as my pond freeze's and comes back to life each year.... stay tuned! Winter's coming here very soon!!
Last spring I had filled my dugout with feeder goldfish, (big dugout at least a couple meters deep in one spot) I added an air pump and a strong water pump and left it for the winter.
I regularly checked to make sure they were still running and not freezing to the bottom but when spring came not a single fish survived.
Any idea what I did wrong?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Last spring I had filled my dugout with feeder goldfish, (big dugout at least a couple meters deep in one spot) I added an air pump and a strong water pump and left it for the winter.
I regularly checked to make sure they were still running and not freezing to the bottom but when spring came not a single fish survived.
Any idea what I did wrong?

@Rudy#### I would suggest you start a new thread with your question. You may get some answers here, but you'll get more directed to your question if you post it separately.

Perhaps you can clarify - what's a "dugout"? (Here that's the place where the team sits during a baseball game!)

Ask a Question