My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I swear as long as the water is running from pond to pond and the plastic covers over my ponds, it would not need to be heated unless is VERY cold, like below -25 Celsius {-13 F} Stay tuned see if that's possible this weekend, supposed to get to -24 Celsius and I will post video on just that later this weekend...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Your green house has come so far.....plants are fish tanks are doing beautifully. In your top koi pond outdoors, is it planted, or no plants?

I've kind of ignored my pond this winter, it's got a solar cover over it and I can't really see my fish, so just make sure the aerator and Pond Breather are running and check the water levels.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Your green house has come so far.....plants are fish tanks are doing beautifully. In your top koi pond outdoors, is it planted, or no plants?

I've kind of ignored my pond this winter, it's got a solar cover over it and I can't really see my fish, so just make sure the aerator and Pond Breather are running and check the water levels.
The top pond does have some plants but they have died back. They regrow every spring. Just two plants in top pond, a bull rush and another white flowering crawling plant that smells nice but temporarily forgot the name. Will come to me later hopefully

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, no snow now?? Very unusual I think. I guess it is all south of you this Winter. I love your greenhouse and all that is in it. You have done a great job with it, so unique and cozy and colorful! I always enjoy your videos and see them all on your channel.
Barb

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow, no snow now?? Very unusual I think. I guess it is all south of you this Winter. I love your greenhouse and all that is in it. You have done a great job with it, so unique and cozy and colorful! I always enjoy your videos and see them all on your channel.
Barb
We had a ton of snow back in November and early December that I thought would never melt, but then weather turned mild for a while and most melted. Today is very cold now, and extremely cold temperatures coming tomorrow and this weekend. Light snow fog right now

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Going to -30 tonight here in Canada. That's like minus 22 Fahrenheit. Just checked on guppies, plady's and swordtail fish out in front yard "tropical pond" and fed them under the plastic dome, they are fine and little 80 gallon pond stays warm and tropical under that plastic dome with two fish tank heater's, and heavy blankets cover tropical pond when this cold. Must get video tomorrow

Ask a Question