Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, this was different...

I was working on my bog when I happened to look up and right over in my neighbor's yard about 50 feet away was this GIANT turkey! They moved into the nearby woodlands last Spring but I've only seen it over here twice. Talk about a living, breathing dinosaur!

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

IMG_6753t.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have them in the back field, love hearing them calling during the day. Never had one that close though.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He heard you were having a neighborhood Cinco de Mayo party today and came to get down and boogie. Now if it was Thanksgiving it would be a different story. Very cool seeing a live one up close. We have none around here. My sister had them when she lived in southern Oregon.
turkey.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
10152007_10151980276261256_6662334370183055570_n.jpg

Check out this amazing photo sent to REPTILES by Angus James! He caught this jungle perch in North Queensland, Australia..."As I was pulling my lure from the fish to release back into the water I noticed two little eyes looking back at me from inside the fish's mouth. After capturing this picture, the little green tree frog leaped straight past my head onto the nearest tree. It was one of the coolest things I have seen in my life! This is one lucky frog!"

One lucky frog and one gluttonous fish! LOL bit a lure with a frog in it's mouth.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Saw four Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks today. Wish I could've gotten a photo.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This poor finch has been hanging around for weeks. It only has one eye, and even that one doesn't look too good. It flies slowly, can't call (it tries to every time it hears other finches), and I can't tell you how many times I've nearly stepped on it because it has no idea I'm there. In this condition, its only a matter of time before something gets it, but as I said, it's been hanging on for weeks. Even though it flies slow, it flies well, doesn't hit things. It's been drinking out of the gutter, but now that the bog is in, I find it in the bog all the time either sitting, sleeping, or drinking water.
DSCN4868.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good day for wildlife. I saw tons of Northern Orioles today. I also saw a few Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds.

I went over to a bike path and found a Garter Snake but it escaped before I could catch it for a photo, and the American Toads started mating today. I also saw the ferns in the woods starting to pop up.

DSCN4913.jpg

stink bug
DSCN4917.jpg

American Toad heading over to the breeding spot
DSCN4922.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Headed to a small nature trail yesterday. There's a bird I've been waiting years to find and I finally found it! The Scarlet Tanager:
IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Here's a few other views at the trail:
IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg
IMG_6869t.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool looking place JB! What's that place w/ the walls and water in it?

Ask a Question