addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Really neat! I love wetlands, such neat wildlife.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This reminds me of a place in florida we have been to a few times. It is on Sanibel island in florida and is called J.N. ding darling National wildlife refuge. Has lots of marshes as well with lots of birds and wildlife. We have taken our kayaks down and there and kayaked through the reserve and it is really neat. Would highly recommend visiting there and if you have a kayak take it you won't be disappointed.

http://www.fws.gov/dingdarling/

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Think we were at Sanibel Island many yrs ago looking for sea shells on the beach. Next time we shall hit the wild life refuge. Adding to my list. We have lots of free time now just need to get our butts moving :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS PIC.... A RHINOCERUS BEETLE.
10268547_796186327065820_2581417328204012195_n.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally got some new nature photos to share!

As some of you saw in another post, I made a birdbath out of an old preformed shell and rock. The birds have been using it every day!
IMG_6699t.jpg

..and I was at a local bike path today and photographed this muskrat/beaver dam. The water level was high due to recent rains so it looked really cool! Like a waterfall!
DSCN4604_2.jpg

Also saw some large fish in the river. Not completely sure what kind.
DSCN4596t.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sorry, couldn't add comments to the above! 1- Deer at Point Pelee National Park. 2- As far south as you can go in mainland Canada. 3- Boardwalk through the marsh. 4- Looking north from the point.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice shots JB and it would be hard to not take some of those rocks and pieces of wood but guess sometimes we need to leave some out there for mother nature to use :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
it would be hard to not take some of those rocks and pieces of wood but guess sometimes we need to leave some out there for mother nature to use

Trust me, I'd love to take some of the rocks, but they are too big to carry and I wouldn't want to steal them from the park. Sadly, this section is off trail, so few people ever get to see how nice it looks.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
"Light Footed Bird Food Thief"

We feed a tremendous number of wild birds yet I was baffled after discovering we were using 8 lbs of bird food a week. That's $20 of high quality feed. Completely by chance today the mystery was solved!

Our squirrel proof bird feeder automatically closes when a creature over a certain weight gets on the perch. There are three weight settings, light, medium and heavy. I "had" the setting on medium. Never did I think a young squirrel would be light enough to "not" trigger the auto close mechanism. Boy, I was wrong! Share a laugh with me as the pictured young squirrel enjoys the bountiful feast then once discovered makes a fast get away! Oh, two last notes. Note One is that I feed squirrels cobbed corn on another feeder. Note Two is the bird feeder perch weight setting is now set on "light" weight!

You just have to love wildlife, so beautiful, fun and intelligent.

squirrel 1.jpg
squirrel 2.jpg
squirrel 3.jpg
squirrel 4.jpg
squirrel 5.jpg
squirrel 6.jpg
squirrel 7.jpg

Ask a Question