Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup. And they are generally no more interested in interacting with you than you are with them. Ours stay well fed with a good rabbit/chipmunk/squirrel population. We've even seen them catching bullfrogs at our neighborhood ponds.

B

Burd

All the black birds are back. Is it spring? It snowed this morning after being warmer
63136F83-AC0D-4A72-A29B-F4B866BFB6E0.jpeg

B

Burd

I only see maybe 2 red wingers in the summer, there was a whole flock, the few regulars must have brought the whole flock by. Lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Outside this evening before sundown and heard a screech owl trilling somewhere nearby, so I grabbed the binoculars and spied one in the screech owl house we put up a couple years ago. This is the first time we've observed owls in or around the nest box since we put it up. It will be interesting to see what happens! :pigeon:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I only see maybe 2 red wingers in the summer, there was a whole flock, the few regulars must have brought the whole flock by. Lol

I get them all summer long, but I live near a wetland area, so they fly over to eat.

B

Burd

This skunk comes to my backyard once in a while, he was by my pond last night, this morning he was still running around. I have the video, but not sure if you can post them up directly.
97C3FAA2-053D-4853-9BCD-0EA02FC08B3A.png

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I went in the woods today for the first time in a long time.

Red-winged Blackbirds were all over the place.
IMG_8581 copy.jpg

Five deer were running through a former farm field that's turning into a park with soccer fields. In fact, you can see a sign in the background that shows what the future plans are when they can get the money to achieve it. I had been hoping they'd do something more natural in this area, but I'll take a park/play area over businesses any day.
IMG_8594 copy.jpg

The stream was flowing, but not as much as I expected. Looks like I missed the peak flow by a week or so.
IMG_8612 copy.jpg

Ask a Question