NE1 have a fountain?

Reaction score
I inherited a large concrete fountain from my mil when she passed. My sons set it up and I had to replace the pump, but that isn't so bad, the problem I'm having is that he pump keeps getting clogged. The pump sits on the bottom of the trough, inside of what looks like a 1/2 of a cement block, then a 18" fruit urn sits on top of it. The urn is extremely heavy to lift and clean the filter, can anyone think of a way to stop the gunk from getting into the pump and clogging it? Here is a link to the fountain I have, it says it weighs over 550 lbs! LOL
http://www.alsgardenart.com/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=616-F&p=1

Reaction score
can you put some screening above the pump to protect it from getting clogged? Some kinda barrier so gunk doesn't get to it.

What a lovely thing to inherit!

Reaction score
Thank you koikeeper, will give that a try, It's another treasure that DH doesn't really like, but I like it so it stays. The look on his face when I told him we had to load it up on the u-haul was priceless :) Weird thing is I saved some screening from rescreening the porch last fall.

Reaction score
LOL! I've seen that face on my hubby, too! I love it!

You could also get a pump sock (or make one) for your pump. You basically wrap it in some sponging and then slip it into a nylon bag. The sock collects crud on that outside so you'll need to just give it a good shake once per week.

You can google "pump sock" to see what they look like to give you an idea.

Ask a Question