addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Joe and Harry both seem to like the cloudy days, they have only shown up once in the full sun.

JW put up a dummy camera in a very obvious place near your house, it will be a heads up you are now on tape even though he is not. You can get dummy ones pretty cheap.

I would rather deal with herons any day than a brat kid.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea addy about the dummy cam!
No rain today, bright and sunny. Off for my walk before the rains return and oh yes they will! Bah Humbug!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well darn 3 days without the joe or harry, was starting to think they gave up..............well nope
rainy, cold.........43...........cloudy and here comes joe
allie very nicely spun around keeping its eyes on joe

But it is still really checking out allie! maybe just maybe it will keep them out of the pond while we are gone and everything else I have done ............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
At one point when I saw him lean way over and flitter his wings a bit I thought he was gonna make a move right into the pond but he then looked like he was really eyeballing that gator and backed off from that idea. He didn't stay long at all this time. Just took off outta the blue! Would that gator keep him from going in w/o all the screen over the pond? That I do not know!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That is hilarious, Addy! I was going to say you need a remote control for Allie, but seems "she" knew just how to move, and so stealthly, too! You could not have moved it slower and smoother than the wind did, and after the heron was gone, it turned back the other way! I think you're on to something with Allie! Good luck.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well maybe just maybe allie has won!

Joe showed up today, walked in from the back field up into the bog, stood and stared at allie for about 6 minutes, walked further down the bog, stood and stared again at allie, which was nicely moving in the wind and facing joe.

Then oh my......... the sucker flew up and over the chicken wire, in a panic trying to find if it went into the pond...........

but joe flew over the pond, landed and stared at allie, allie stared back, Joe turned and casually strolled off to eat bugs in the garden, kept eating until he disappeared around the shop.

From this angle can actually see the heron land on the far side, with the gators eyes following it.

Ask a Question