New pond for Summer Yipee

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What is the other inlet connected to? And what seems to 'mess up'?
To echo Meyer here, do you have the skimmer connected up to your filter and if this is the case what is happening, are you getting back flush through the skimmer or something along those lines Daz ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Daz what type of fish you going to be keeping? have you thought of a bottom drain takes loads of hassle out of keeping the pond clean i wouldnt be with out mine if so thats the under water out let taken care of abd the return is easly done with the use of a linner bulk head fitting,
as you want to go with under water returns have you thought of fitting a venture again i wouldnt be with out mine
with a under water in let and a venture you can tell at a glance if you pump is still running as you could run the risk of not noticing a loss of water flow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
is the pump on the pond bottom? how deep is the pond? what may be happening is the pump is working your filter box fine because of the water pressure at the bottom of the pond ( down ward pressure ) but the 2nd in let is close to the surface, so when both inlets are turned on they are not getting equal water pressure, the second in let is for a remote in let again on the pond bottom both at the same depth.
a pond pump pushes water up a pipe not suck, so when fitting a surface skimmer a second pump is usually imployed

Daz

Reaction score
Sorry guys!!!!

I haven't been on here for a while i didn't receive my email notification so thought no one replyied.

I managed to sort my problem out ' it was to do with 2 problems the first was the adjustment on the pump inlet the second was the sheer size of the skimmer' i cut around 4 inches off the length and basket and it seems to work a little better then i decided to add a little more buyoncy to the top hat by adding foam on the inside rim and viola it works great thank for your assistance guys.

I will be adding some pictures of my project to date its coming on very well
My pond is pretty much all remote controlled now the water fall' lights and aeration pump are pressed from in the house
pictures to follow i do need some heron deterrent but not sure what i can come up with for that' i was thinking of polycarbonate sheeting ?

Ask a Question