JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been waiting for something like this. Knowing how TV is these days, it'll probably be dumb with over-dramatic scenes, but I'll still give it a try.

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Up next on Pond Stars: The Pond Digger demolishes the wrong pond while filming "Ponds gone wrong!" and special dramatic footage of a snail out racing the spread of string algae!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I tried watching this, but found the main guy pretty annoying. I even thought about watching it on mute. Lol!

How did you watch it Priscilla? It doesn't air for a few days yet here.

I've seen teaser trailers. Like most shows of this type I imagine they will create drama just to keep it interesting. I mean for us ponders, just watching the ponds get built would be enough, right? But for the general viewing public, they feel they need a dramatic element.

I'll be curious to see how the anti-Aquascape folks review the show.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Hey Priscilla, did you maybe see Pool Masters with the British accent guy? I have seen a few of his shows where they build all natural pools with plant bogs for the filter system. If this is the show I'll agree with you the guy does get a bit annoying. hehe

Reaction score
Yes, it must have been Pool Masters. There was too much pretend drama around the build and small side stories that tried to keep it interesting. And the guy was super annoying.

But isn't there currently a pond building show? I'm sure I watched one and ended up changing part way through. But it could have been the pool building one.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The thing I don't like about modern TV is that this could be a perfect documentary about pond building, but just like everything else it will have a "reality" setting. Mid-way through the show there will be some staged disaster, and they'll say something like "I don't know if we can get this finished in time." and then they pull through at the last second... lol

...but, I watch Tanked all the time and I know what to expect from it, but at the end at least I get to see a nice fish tank, and that's really all I'm hoping to get out of "Pond Stars" is a nice pond at the end.

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
I watch Tanked on Netflix, they do some awesome work. Also watch My Cat from Hell. Learned all kinds of stuff about the kitty and the guys name Jackson Galaxy is one of the coolest names out there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it was not for the DIY'er but was kinda neat seeing what they did. I'm sure the show is to gain customers.

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Yep it was not for the DIY'er but was kinda neat seeing what they did. I'm sure the show is to gain customers.
I'm sure that it will give the DIY'er plenty of ideas. From what I have seen from this forum, a lot of the DIY people can create ponds and environments that will make a lot of pros envious.

Ask a Question